Sponsored

Thrush Welded Mufflers

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
From all the muffler delete videos I've heard, most sound pretty good except for a ton of rasp at higher RPM. Since very few videos are done under load the sound will be different. Also, too much crackle and pop for me when you let off - don't mind the sound just the volume annoying so something to smooth it out would be better.
Sponsored

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm a V8 guy at heart, so the snap crackle and pop is music to my ears.

I've mentioned in a few other posts my GT was cammed and had full exhaust - longtubes, etc... So, yeah....

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well the crackle and pop out of the I4 is different than from a V8, just saying this is a different animal.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Oh yeah, well aware. I'm not trying to make it sound like a V8. I just prefer a more raw engine sound. I like exhausts that have some growl to them. Which is why I like the Thrush mufflers. But I also don't want to hamstring my engine later on when I'm making more power by using a chambered muffler.
I'm agonizing over what to do with my exhaust because it's so easy to mess up on a 4 cylinder. On a V8, you just get whatever and it sounds amazing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have a recriprocating saw. Maybe I'll just cut my mufflers off this weekend and see what I think.
Any downside to running without exhaust tips for a few days?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I have a recriprocating saw. Maybe I'll just cut my mufflers off this weekend and see what I think.
Any downside to running without exhaust tips for a few days?
I had my mufflers off for a week or two... I think a good week is enough time to realize if you hate that sound or love it... some love it some don't.

I did not care for it.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I think you may want to make sure you don't sit an idle too much and the exhaust gas will find there way into your car. I drive a convertible and would not risk it. At least rig something to dump the exhaust away from the undercarriage.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Not yet. We had a windstorm last week and I got quite a few paint chips on the car. I worked on touching up the paint this weekend instead.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Hi Guys, any progress with either the muffler delete or the Full Boar setups? Found a shop but just waiting to hear your thoughts of the mods.

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I've had muffler deletes (And thats it) for over a year, and i'm going back to stock. I enjoy it, but you can't even hardly think with these things on. Bluetooth calls are a hassle it's just so loud... but sure does it sound good under load.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I did decide against muffler delete. Between the iffy videos on youtube and the volume levels, I just decided not to mess with it. I'm not 21 anymore and looking for max volume. I want loud and proud, but not so loud I can't carry on a conversation with my wife without shouting.
Sponsored