CJ PP order

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
So I placed an order for a few items on 11/21. Used the forum discount. Order processed quickly and shipped out. Received most of the items yesterday. So impressed with the quick shipping. :cool: One of the items I ordered said in stock when purchasing; however, after the order was placed they switched the status to backorder with no eta. Not a big deal but would have been nice for them to list it as backordered right away instead of in stock. :shrug: Before I placed my order, I asked about BF deals. Was told unsure as to what they would be. Other vendors already listed their discounts and sales, so I figured just go ahead and order since they may not be doing anything major. Turns out they released the sales today 11/23 and 4/5 of my items were discounted up to 30% off. So I called to get a price adjustment and have the difference put back on my card. I was told they cannot do this and had to have the difference put onto a gift card to use for future purchases. This is aggravating and something that should be easily put back onto my card. Not a gift card. Was happy with everything up until this point. They wouldn't let me "return" it all and purchase again either, other than actually returning everything physically and having it shipped out again. Quite irritating. :frusty:
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I won't go into detail, but I will say CJ Pony were awful at helping me with a customer service related issue regarding a refund.

I tend to give my business elsewhere these days. Since then I've spent a lot of money on parts that I could have easily purchased through them, but chose to use other vendors.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I never had an issue with them myself, in fact, quite the opposite. They went out of their way to give me some good deals and customer service. But, I live a little over a half an hour or so away from them, so maybe that makes a difference. (But it shouldn't). There is another vendor that's not far away from me that will NEVER get my business. And like you SoCalTim , I've spent thousands of dollars at other vendors, going out of my way to avoid them.

OP
OP

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
The service was fine. I just find it hard to believe that they couldn't change the prices or refund the difference to my card vs giving me a gift card. Just rubbed me the wrong way. Again up until that point everything was perfect.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
One rough experience and I found out the best part of CJ are those Videos they make. Im not going to complain about their policies they are what they are, in that way and I know those policies but in the age of no questions refunds and returns they simply don't measure up at all.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
So let me get this straight. You gambled they would not have big BF discounts and lost. Now you want your money back.

Where else does it work like that? :shrug:

Plus they offered to give you gift cards. I need a puppy to cuddle.

OP
OP

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
No I didn't gamble. I asked 2 different people when they would be releasing the sales. No one had any information. Every other company had released info already on what the sales would be. My simple point is that I purchased something 2 days before a sale and they could not price adjust back to my card or put the difference toward the one backordered part that had not been charged yet. They had to give me gift card in order to keep purchases in house. Example, part was $30 that had not been processed yet. Gift card was $25. Put the $25 toward the part that had not been charged and only charge me $5 for the part that was backordered since you can't put it on my card for the already processed part. Simple. But they wanted to ensure I'll use the money there at a future point in time. I don't like the principle of that. There were multiple ways to do it to return my money without making me spend it on a future purchase at their site.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Could have waited till Black Friday ...Perhaps they were not allowed to release that info prior to the sale day of their corp determination.

Pretty decent of them to give the gift card if you ask me.

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The gift card policy is stated on their website. It's not like no one seen Black Friday coming, so I don't get it. Unless you were worried about stock quantities and bought early hoping to pricematch later not realizing it wasn't Walmart you were dealing with.

I've had a minor purchase through CJ PP and their sales last week and have no complaints.
Sponsored