Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I always got a kick out of how 64F is a no charge option but it is only available in a package that is identical to another EXCEPT for including 64F but at a higher price. LoL

I guess just trying to hide the gouging. I mean does silver wheel paint cost ~$200 more than black? But don't tell them I would have paid $1,000 more if I had to to get silver over black.
Though I have yet to see them in person, I assume that "luster" means some level of polish or brush, which adds to the expense over straight powder coat. Aftermarket wheels with such processes can add $600 per set of wheels, so I think +$200 is more than fair.

Also, rumor has it that the gloss black powder coat wheels do not have clearcoat on top, and can scratch easily. I suggest using a sealer at least on factory black powder coat wheels.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Though I have yet to see them in person, I assume that "luster" means some level of polish or brush, which adds to the expense over straight powder coat.
I own them and they are just painted silver instead of black.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
What does dealer invoice w/holdback mean compared to suggested retail price?

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would like to see a sticky on what the MSRP was and what was actually paid, less tax and title. I think it could help give us buyers some negotiation power at the dealerships and would reduce the amount of "is this a good deal" threads. Why not keep the dealerships honest.

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
wtf is 64f

Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
also, sorry for the double post. but how much would hold back be if the Dealer invoice plus options w/hold back totals to 40,300? about $1200 or so, right?

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
is that new to 17? i thought the PP had to come with black wheels
The Nickel color option actually came out in 2016, and there is a COST adder for it.

Black is still "standard" and more common I'd guess ... cost adder for 64F may be part of reason.

Verrtic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Eco Boost Premium PP Mustang , Lexus rx 300
I would say anyone wanting to buy a mustang right now either go for a used 15 or 16 tighten you're grips on the credit card. If you're set on buying a new mustang I know it's hard but hold on for another year for the 18.

Sponsored

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
Does anybody know if I can get the PP Wheels with the GT PREMIUM? Im getting the black accent package and I'm not a big fan of the black accent wheels that it comes with.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Does anybody know if I can get the PP Wheels with the GT PREMIUM? Im getting the black accent package and I'm not a big fan of the black accent wheels that it comes with.
No, there is no substituting from the factory, and dealers are not too keen on swapping parts on cars on the lot.

PP wheels are only available with PP and Black Accent Pkg wheels are only available with the BA pkg.

Doug

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
As said, dealers won't take parts off another new car that are documented as something on the window sticker. The only chance to drive off the lot with the PP wheels is if the dealer has a set laying around from a car they modified or if they charge you for a set as a separate item or adjust their lowest price by that amount. Some dealers do customize cars on spec and add aftermarket wheels, etc and put them on a dealer window sticker. If that car was a PP they end up with a set.

But lots of people buy Mustangs and put aftermarket wheels on themselves immediately. You can find sets of PP wheels even with still new tires for sale in the forum classifieds all the time for real cheap. Buy a set of those and sell the ones that came with the car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
Is there any possibility of the end of the year sales for 2017 Mustang EcoBoost premium Fastback models.
Sponsored