OP

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
The Mishimoto also has a diverter in the end tank to maximize air flow through the IC. The main difference I see between this and the Mishimoto is that this is slightly larger, and yet slightly less expensive. It looks like a really well built unit, in fact, the design looks a lot like the Mishimoto, but I would really like to see some performance data.
there's a few more,
we don't powder coat the FMIC's to cover up blemishes during the Chinese manufacturing process
Our cores and end tanks are Made in the USA

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
there's a few more,
we don't powder coat the FMIC's to cover up blemishes during the Chinese manufacturing process
Our cores and end tanks are Made in the USA
Thanks Ron.

That is a big freakin' plus as far as I'm concerned :hail:. I'd still like to see some performance data before I pull the trigger, and I'd love to pull the trigger before the sale ends. What are the chances of that happening?

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Just pulled the trigger on this. $503 shipped to the door you just can't beat..Though i still don't know how Jww92201 said it was 449$ shipped even with the discount code..Thanks CPE can't wait to install!!!!:headbang::headbang:

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
What's the end result?

So it works with the factory tune-check.

It's a direct bolt-on-check.

I know it'll make more power by cooling the intake charge more after the turbo...

The question is how much more? Got a dyno comparison?

Also, would I notice a mileage increase or decrease in my daily driver?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
So it works with the factory tune-check.

It's a direct bolt-on-check.

I know it'll make more power by cooling the intake charge more after the turbo...

The question is how much more? Got a dyno comparison?

Also, would I notice a mileage increase or decrease in my daily driver?
it won't make you any more power. it'll allow your car once tuned and boost increased, etc. to maintain charge temps @ ambient so you have the potential to make more power.

it won't do anything with gas mileage either.

speaking from experience and having their products on one of my cars.

guitrflip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Just pulled the trigger as well. Ordered! :D

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
Welp, you guys are gonna have me in the dog house for a bit. Thanks CP-E. Oh well, order placed (local pickup) haha

Sponsored

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
it won't make you any more power. it'll allow your car once tuned and boost increased, etc. to maintain charge temps @ ambient so you have the potential to make more power.

it won't do anything with gas mileage either.

speaking from experience and having their products on one of my cars.
It should give more HP with lower/denser charge temps , but of course it depends on how much it lowers it.
If stock is like 200F and this gets to 100-120F that should show up as increase. Also these cars boost is closed loop so it shouldn't lower boost at IM with better IC .
Older fixed boost systems the boost goes down many times because of lower temps and also slight restriction that might happen.

Anyway, this IC looks nice for street use IMO.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
It should give more HP with lower/denser charge temps , but of course it depends on how much it lowers it.
If stock is like 200F and this gets to 100-120F that should show up as increase. Also these cars boost is closed loop so it shouldn't lower boost at IM with better IC .
Older fixed boost systems the boost goes down many times because of lower temps and also slight restriction that might happen.

Anyway, this IC looks nice for street use IMO.
Which is exactly what I thought: lower intake temp=denser air charge=more air into engine, but if that's the case, the ECU should compensate for that by injecting more fuel ;) But the net result should be more get up and go :p The question then arises: can the stock tune handle that without going out of bounds on the ECU programming? :shrug:

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
Which is exactly what I thought: lower intake temp=denser air charge=more air into engine, but if that's the case, the ECU should compensate for that by injecting more fuel ;) But the net result should be more get up and go :p The question then arises: can the stock tune handle that without going out of bounds on the ECU programming? :shrug:
Don't worry about ECU and fueling, timing this vehicle is pretty advanced that way, with it being speed density it will read temps, boost@IC, MAP so it will be covered.
Wait for Ron@cp-e or Tune+ or other tuner for HP increase , I think there was a graph but would have to find it on this site (one of the IC posts ), my guess would be 5-7% .

Last edited:

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I went to check the price with the discount code, and I noticed that the website added sales tax. Why did it do that?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.