Sponsored

VTT Production Silicon Passenger side inlet, and Charge pipes - Pics inside.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm still wondering what this looks like installed. I'm liking the idea of the Pass side intake.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'm still wondering what this looks like installed. I'm liking the idea of the Pass side intake.
Me too. I've toyed with the idea of trying it out. I have their silicone pipes with the Race Port and I love them.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too. I've toyed with the idea of trying it out. I have their silicone pipes with the Race Port and I love them.
I ordered the pass side intake just for the hell of it. It's not all that expensive and easy to install so what the hell. I'll post up pictures when I get it.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its taken a few weeks but I finally got the chance to take some pics of the Vargas passenger side intake. I'll be installing it today and Replacing the FFTec CAI I have on the car now.

32667135336_aefb1f49d3_b.jpg

32667125136_4d76cbbb9b_b.jpg

32584936871_c1533515e7_b.jpg

IAT extension still in the package.
32584933401_b58a360eda_b.jpg

32667132106_c4dfea2485_b.jpg

32667129146_ed1694bd05_b.jpg

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
Nice, now we wanna see it installed!

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Nice, now we wanna see it installed!
Same here. Those are some great pics, so now I want to see install pics too. This intake setup has always intrigued me. I'm running Vargas' silicon charge pipes with the Race Port and I've been very pleased with them so far.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its all installed. I'll post up some pics once I clean up under the hood a little bit. Its nasty from driving in the snow and junk but it looks empty. Like there is no intake at all on the car. I might just make a coolant tank relocation bracket to fill the huge empty space on the drivers side.

The install was tight but problem free. Being all silicone makes it easy to bend and push it where you need it. to install the filter I pulled the pan off the nose and reached up to place the aluminum adapter piece and the filter. I had a little trouble getting the angle of the clean air hose and the upr catch can line aligned but a bit of tweaking and that was solved.

Initial impressions is its super quiet compared to the FFTec CAI but the FFTec CAI was always one of the loudest because of the all aluminum construction which just amplified every sound.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Its all installed. I'll post up some pics once I clean up under the hood a little bit. Its nasty from driving in the snow and junk but it looks empty. Like there is no intake at all on the car. I might just make a coolant tank relocation bracket to fill the huge empty space on the drivers side.

The install was tight but problem free. Being all silicone makes it easy to bend and push it where you need it. to install the filter I pulled the pan off the nose and reached up to place the aluminum adapter piece and the filter. I had a little trouble getting the angle of the clean air hose and the upr catch can line aligned but a bit of tweaking and that was solved.

Initial impressions is its super quiet compared to the FFTec CAI but the FFTec CAI was always one of the loudest because of the all aluminum construction which just amplified every sound.
Very nice. I look forward to seeing those pics.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Why is there no installation pictures anywhere
We posted some somewhere I would have to dig them up. Peter above just installed his. I believe he will post some more.

Sponsored

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorry the Mustang has been outside and it's been rainy out so I've not gotten pictures. For sure this weekend I'll get some pics.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
sorry the Mustang has been outside and it's been rainy out so I've not gotten pictures. For sure this weekend I'll get some pics.
It's ok we like dirty pics :love:

guitrflip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
[MENTION=16782]VargasTurboTech[/MENTION]: Do you guys make a port for a HKS BOV on the Hot-side charge pipe? I know you mentioned you were advising more towards the cold side (near the throttle body), but i was just curious because I currently have it on my Cold-side, but I feel like there's a lack of response... and maybe being nearer the turbo-to-Inter-cooler can be more responsive. But again, I'm not tech, I just an avid learner. Please let me know. Thanks!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=16782]VargasTurboTech[/MENTION]: Do you guys make a port for a HKS BOV on the Hot-side charge pipe? I know you mentioned you were advising more towards the cold side (near the throttle body), but i was just curious because I currently have it on my Cold-side, but I feel like there's a lack of response... and maybe being nearer the turbo-to-Inter-cooler can be more responsive. But again, I'm not tech, I just an avid learner. Please let me know. Thanks!
That's peculiar to me. I have the Vargas charge pipes with the Turbosmart valve and the response is amazing. It's the best setup, in regards to charge pipes and BOV, that I've tried so far. I've mostly ran Tial over the years and I like the Race Port even better than that now, which says a lot for me.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
@VargasTurboTech : Do you guys make a port for a HKS BOV on the Hot-side charge pipe? I know you mentioned you were advising more towards the cold side (near the throttle body), but i was just curious because I currently have it on my Cold-side, but I feel like there's a lack of response... and maybe being nearer the turbo-to-Inter-cooler can be more responsive. But again, I'm not tech, I just an avid learner. Please let me know. Thanks!
If the response is poor, it has the wrong spring in it. The spring that comes standard in the Raceport BOV is much too stiff, and response will be poor. We tried a bunch of springs, and came up with the perfect one for our cars with the Raceport BOV. Every kit we sell comes with that spring. With that said, with our cold side charge pipe, you can choose to get an adapter that will accept an HKS BOV. We have ever liked the HKS honestly. The Raceport is a much better BOV.
Sponsored