Head unit alternative. ..maybe?

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
So as I'm sitting here, completely disgusted with the base system, impatiently waiting for an aftermarket bezel adaptor, frightened that raxiom might retain sync, not really sold on tomtop due to its own bugs, i started looking into other options. Car pc, marine gauge mount units, hide away black box systems etc. One option i came across is this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/inde...bJGPzJY5k3Tf9J4Hln6Nl-984Em4uYPIs4aAvhX8P8HAQ

The parrot asteroid tablet. It is basically a GPS nav unit with a hideaway black box. It can do hands free calling, even integrate sw controls supposedly. Android os albeit with their skin on it.

My plan is to use it like a gps (on dash), squirrel away the black box, use the outputs to drive an amp to the replacement speakers. The factory system will remain in place but will pretty much only function as a monitor for the back up camera (which could also supposedly be routed to the parrot). This is i hope a temporary solution till someone comes out with an aftermarket adapter. If no such thing comes to fruition, then i may fabricate an in dash solution.

Fyi i did not get mine from the link above, i paid about 250 shipped.

Will update once it arrives.
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Cool. Cant wait to see the finished product.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto