NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

EdificeWrecks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium PP
Performed the update last night on 16 PP Non-Nav. New console USB hub. Very easy and works flawlessly. Thanks to everyone for info and links.

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I tried but both the .ford link and the .namesbychris links don't seem to work for me. Are they working for you guys?

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Has the update officially been released by Ford yet?

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has the update officially been released by Ford yet?
no, and not looking like it will ever happen at this point, quite honestly don't believe they ever actually planned on releasing it

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
just an update. Additional Disclosures 160 and 161 have not changed. I'm starting to wonder what is considered "Early 2017". ...before December 31, maybe?

160. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Apple CarPlay is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software update, available early 2017, and purchase a hardware upgrade through your dealer. Requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS and active data service. SYNC does not control Apple CarPlay while in use. Apple is solely responsible for their functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Apple, Apple CarPlay, iPhone, Apple Maps, and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc.
161. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Android Auto is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software update available early 2017. Requires phone with compatible version of Android Auto and active data service. SYNC does not control Android Auto while in use. Google and other third parties are responsible for their respective functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Android Auto, Google, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
just an update. Additional Disclosures 160 and 161 have not changed. I'm starting to wonder what is considered "Early 2017". ...before December 31, maybe?
its not happening, you think they dont know about this "leaked" version? they no longer have to worry about pushing it out, Id be very surprised if it ever happens quite honestly

Sponsored

MiltE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Convertible, PP, Race Red/Ceramic
Howdy.

Does anyone know of a parts supplier with the hub upgrade in stock? Having a tough time finding one not on backorder.

Thank.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Just updated my AA app to V2.1.7 and got a navigation menu selection which means we should expect Waze soon!

Stupid question of the day: does this update happen automatically via wifi when I have my car on at home? Do I need to do anything to trigger the update?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized you're talking about the app on the phone.

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Jesus... Can't believe this can still happen during day and age.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Just updated my AA app to V2.1.7 and got a navigation menu selection which means we should expect Waze soon!

If only iOS owners had a choice :)

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for that screenshot! I did the app update but havent tested it out in the car
Sponsored