Removed restrictor from Steeda CAI?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Has anyone removed the restrictor from their Steeda CAI after the CAI has already been installed on the car?

I've got a Lund tune that I'm going to load that's compatible with a restrictor-less Steeda CAI, and I'm hoping I don't have to take the CAI apart too much just to remove the restrictor.

Thanks for any info and/or tips. :cheers:
Sponsored

silver86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Should be able to just remove the MAF sensor, remove the filter, then pull the restrictor out.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Should be able to just remove the MAF sensor, remove the filter, then pull the restrictor out.
Thanks, Silver. That should be pretty straight forward. Can't wait to do this tomorrow.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
You were correct, Silver. It was pretty painless.

Loaded the Lund tune and removed the restrictor sleeve from the Steeda CAI. It went pretty well with one small hiccup in getting the tune loaded that Terry at Beefcake walked me thru on the phone. Thanks, Terry.

Car is pulling strong and sounding good. The only possible issue I see right now is the rpms at idle after the car is warmed up seems to be a bit high at 750 rpms. I'm gonna run it for few days and then do data logging so Lund can tweak the tune to my car.

Below is a pic of the aluminum restrictor sleeve sitting on top of the CAI.
CAI.jpg

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
You were correct, Silver. It was pretty painless.

Loaded the Lund tune and removed the restrictor sleeve from the Steeda CAI. It went pretty well with one small hiccup in getting the tune loaded that Terry at Beefcake walked me thru on the phone. Thanks, Terry.

Car is pulling strong and sounding good. The only possible issue I see right now is the rpms at idle after the car is warmed up seems to be a bit high at 750 rpms. I'm gonna run it for few days and then do data logging so Lund can tweak the tune to my car.

Below is a pic of the aluminum restrictor sleeve sitting on top of the CAI.
Sweet setup bro, that's the same one i went with just recently as well. Can you explain how you get this data log though? ive heard people talking about it..but cant for the life of me understand how to get/create the logs

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Sweet setup bro, that's the same one i went with just recently as well. Can you explain how you get this data log though? ive heard people talking about it..but cant for the life of me understand how to get/create the logs
I think there are instructions on Lund Racings site about how to data log information and get it to them so they can fine tune your tune. I saw it but haven't read it in detail yet.

Team Beefcake may also have this information. Perhaps Terry will weigh in with more details.

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
Thanks, Silver. That should be pretty straight forward. Can't wait to do this tomorrow.
Beaux - Did the instructions from silver86 work for you on the removal of the restrictor?

Mustangtk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver
I removed my restrictor on my steeda cai when I got steeda's canned tune...it idled like shit put it back it and runs fine. I've been waiting on steeda on send me an unrestricted tune but no luck yet.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Beaux - Did the instructions from silver86 work for you on the removal of the restrictor?
His instructions were spot on, XDMan. I first removed the cone air filter and then the MAF. The restrictor slid out after a little tugging. I had applied a thin coating of light oil on the restrictor's two rubber rings when I originally installed the restrictor into the CAI to help it slide in easy and the oil helped in sliding it out.

I then just reversed the process and that was it.

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
His instructions were spot on, XDMan. I first removed the cone air filter and then the MAF. The restrictor slid out after a little tugging. I had applied a thin coating of light oil on the restrictor's two rubber rings when I originally installed the restrictor into the CAI to help it slide in easy and the oil helped in sliding it out.

I then just reversed the process and that was it.
I appreciate the confirmation/reply. I will be doing this once I get a tune on mine as well. :cheers:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
FWIW, the 2.3 Ecoboost engine does not have a MAF sensor. You probally removed a temp sensor or a MAP sensor
Sponsored