Sponsored

Still happy

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
When 2015 GT350 came out I wanted one, but would not pay over list price. So I waited and I read this forum and dreamed. Told myself be patience and it never pays to buy early production. So the CarGods smiled on me when the oil line recall kill the car sales and dealers had some expensive inventory, then Ford announced a 2018's. That made all those cars on the lots worth a lot less. Plus Ford got the package right in 2017 putting the coolers in the base car. Cause dealers are idiots for the most part. So I had to travel 400 miles and out of state but I found what I wanted at less than MSRP. My main gripe was car's interior, seats too small and tall, and way too much plastic. I got the Convenience package because I wanted a backup camera. First thing I did was figure out how to turn the TV off, distracting. Too bad I can't display engine data on it. That would be cool. I really don't care that my car can hot spot. I'm not a millennial and I don't want to live in my car and have all the stuff my recliner has in front of it. My 2017 doesn't burn oil, yet, body fit is great, and the paint looks great. I've fitted a new seat that's low and wide, yes it doesn't AC/Heat, nor vibrated or give me a reach around. But does have an one air bag not two. I ordered a full cowhide of really nice Italian leather in distressed burgundy, that reminds me of how nice the butt felt of one of my blond girlfriends back when I was in my twenties. Want to get your face right in that. Ripped out the center section of the door panels and will be covering parts of the center console. That leather in todays car seats is the same as vinyl. Also will be putting in the MGW shifter and the oil catch cans but other than that this car is a beast and I don't see any need to be screwing with engine, brakes, or suspension. Now I just go looking for quiet back roads, to practice learning how to shift and clutch because it been many decades since I've driven stick, and soon I'll be ready for track days. Would have loved to have had this car in my twenties, but I didn't have a rich daddy. I bought the shop manual and this car is an amazing piece of technology for way less than 100 grand! It scares me and thrills me. Reminds me of my hydroplane boat I had as a kid took me a couple of summers before I mastered it. Somebody asked me what it was like to drive. Like getting a frisky stallion out on a cold morning to go for a ride, you have to pay attention because it could get out of control!!!!
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Congrats! Pics are welcome :thumbsup:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Congrats but that was very difficult to read. Paragraphs and pictures would help tremendously.
Thought the same, just a little painful lol incoherent, thoughts going everywhere, and opinionated views don't help either :lol:

OP, both Electronics and Convenience packages came with back up cameras, but considering you think the leather seats are small I don't imagine you would enjoy the Recaros...

Me and my rich daddy are interested in seeing pics of the custom leater seats though, should be pretty unique lol

You sure you don't work at a dealer? lol