Sponsored

Stock Rear Wheels Square 4 Track? Thoughts?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I plan on grabbing 2 rear wheels and running 4 stock rear wheels for the track so I can rotate.

Looks like I can get to Rear Wheels for $700 to $800. I know the stocks are heavy but it seems like a good low price solution for wheels that will stand up to track use.

I dont care about having to run spacers.

Any other cheap solutions?
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I plan on grabbing 2 rear wheels and running 4 stock rear wheels for the track so I can rotate.

Looks like I can get to Rear Wheels for $700 to $800. I know the stocks are heavy but it seems like a good low price solution for wheels that will stand up to track use.

I dont care about having to run spacers.

Any other cheap solutions?
I'm using this exact setup. To get the perfect front offset (the same as the GT350R), the OEM 11" rears need a 38mm (1.5") spacer on the front axle. To accommodate this thick spacer you need longer lugs, and it turns out that the OEM GT350R front hub (Motorcraft part number HUB299) has exactly the right length lugs to make this work. I'm actually using an H&R 35mm spacer on my setup (they come with studs, which I pressed out) and it works fine.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm using this exact setup. To get the perfect front offset (the same as the GT350R), the OEM 11" rears need a 38mm (1.5") spacer on the front axle. To accommodate this thick spacer you need longer lugs, and it turns out that the OEM GT350R front hub (Motorcraft part number HUB299) has exactly the right length lugs to make this work. I'm actually using an H&R 35mm spacer on my setup (they come with studs, which I pressed out) and it works fine.
35mm interesting I thought a 25mm would do

Sponsored

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The guys running 25mm spacers are using aftermarket 11" rims with 50mm offset. The OEM 11" rear rims are 62mm, so the spacer needs to be thicker.
thats annoying but good to know Thanks. Anyone want to sell there stock wheels on the cheap? :D

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
See if you can get into the APEX wheel $200 off sale they have going on if you want 18".

You can do the rear in the front with, I think, a 5mm spacer but make damn sure you can turn that lug nut enough. For any spacer situation, I'm inclined to get extended lugs. On my track day yesterday, with no spacers, I retorqued the wheels after each session and some backed off about 1/4 to 1/2" turn sometimes.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
To much for a track wheel I'll probably only do 6 days this year(3week ends)
You can get a full set for around $1500 or so when they are on sale, same price as 2 GT350 OEM wheels and you can get custom offsets such that you wont need spacers

See if you can get into the APEX wheel $200 off sale they have going on if you want 18".

You can do the rear in the front with, I think, a 5mm spacer but make damn sure you can turn that lug nut enough. For any spacer situation, I'm inclined to get extended lugs. On my track day yesterday, with no spacers, I retorqued the wheels after each session and some backed off about 1/4 to 1/2" turn sometimes.
18s do not fit the GT350

Apex does make a 19x11 in BMW fitment, I wonder if we get enough people if they would be interested in making a GT350 specific set

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You can get a full set for around $1500 or so when they are on sale, same price as 2 GT350 OEM wheels and you can get custom offsets such that you wont need spacers

18s do not fit the GT350

Apex does make a 19x11 in BMW fitment, I wonder if we get enough people if they would be interested in making a GT350 specific set
They're getting into the Mustang market hard, so I bet they will if you call them up and make the request.
Sponsored