I need advise, new Mustang GT 2017

OP
OP

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
- Corsa Xtreme proven to be one of the most popular exhausts on the market. Very loud when you accelerate, but no drone when you cruise. Can't go wrong with that exhaust if you are looking for a loud set up.

-Yes, if you want to supercharge you will need to upgrade the Oil Pump Gear and Crank Sprocket if you want your engine to safely handle the power. You can take the risk and not upgrade, but be sure to save some $$$$ on one side for a new motor incase your OPG shatters and spoils your fun. The parts themselves can be bought for around $450 for the OPG, CG and new ARP balancer bolt, but installation is costly due to the high shop labor hours involved. (Budget $1200 approx for install costs)

-Paxton is a great kit and probably the best bang for the buck on the market. The kits from Team Beefcake Racing allow you to customize them to a tailor fit package for your needs. I'd recommend calling Terry (Owner of Beefcake Racing), and discussing your needs if you are truly serious about purchasing a supercharger kit. He will answer any questions you have and give you killer pricing. He is the most popular vendor for the Paxton kits.

-Emailed tunes are the most popular method of getting your car set up. Lund is very popular with the Paxton kits. You can add the tune to your supercharger kit so you have everything you need ready to install and drive.

-Yes it will be worth it....a 50% increase in power turns the GT into an animal. I have a Procharger kit on mine and it gives me smiles every time I drive it :)

Have a look around the forum and search a few threads related to forced induction so you can educate yourself on the OPG upgrade and other important info.

Best of luck.
Thanks for your reply. It was very helpfull:thumbsup:

OP
OP

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
lol it's not fast ? Lol u must be use to super car shit lol
It is fast but it is not superfast. I want to feel my head getting touching the seats when I speed up and basically I was asking if the supercharger would give me that feeling...

OP
OP

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
i personally have the roush abs and x pipe and i love it. its loud when you want and easily controllable. x pipe is a little raspier than h pipe so if you want a little deeper go h not x. corsa has been super popular but ive heard people think its too exotic for an american muscle car. to each his own tho. i would assume you have 3.73 gears, i have no experience with s/c-ing however ive heard going FI with 3.73 can be draining as a dd and 3.31 gears or whatever they offer that is lower than 3.73 work a lot better
I have everything from stock. I did not change anything. Mustang GT 2017 manual (I hate automatic:headbonk:) with performance package

Sponsored

OP
OP

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
I would suggest learning how to drive it on track first. You only had it for 4K miles. That'll change your perspective pretty quick.
I think I know how to drive but I have been very crazy a few years ago in Europe but with cars with much less power... I would like to take it the track. Do you know anyone close to the DC area?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I think I know how to drive but I have been very crazy a few years ago in Europe but with cars with much less power... I would like to take it the track. Do you know anyone close to the DC area?
I do not but SCCA or HOD can probably fix that for you.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase

DC metro area.... Summit point raceway in summit point, WV. Right behind my house.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
lol it's not fast ? Lol u must be use to super car shit lol

I have to agree. I love my GT, but it really isn't FAST. "My" problem is that I've bought this car just after selling a 92 Notch that had a Hellion turbo and was around 500rwhp. These S550s are heavy and 435 isn't all that much in reality. I'm not bashing at all. Like I said, these cars are awesome, but really not all that fast. Supercharger is almost a necessity I think. I don't think as many people would do power adders if they didn't feel satisfied with 435hp.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
people do power adders because they want to build there car. the car is plenty fast for a dd youre not going to use any of that power on the street. my sportbike on the other hand is pure insanity and no car can equal that. but the mustang stock is faster then 80% of dailys

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
DC/Virginia = VIR

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
If you go to a road course, I'm guessing heat is going to become a problem with an SC. Both for the SC and for your brakes. Not to mention there will probably only be very small sections every lap where you'll actually be able to go full throttle. Jus sayin'. Car might actually be more fun in stock form unless you go to the drag strip regularly.

I have to agree. I love my GT, but it really isn't FAST. "My" problem is that I've bought this car just after selling a 92 Notch that had a Hellion turbo and was around 500rwhp. These S550s are heavy and 435 isn't all that much in reality. I'm not bashing at all. Like I said, these cars are awesome, but really not all that fast. Supercharger is almost a necessity I think. I don't think as many people would do power adders if they didn't feel satisfied with 435hp.
I guess it's all relative... This is the most powerful car I've ever owned. Coming from an IS350 (and also owning a GT4), which I found fairly quick, I was ready for more power. But on the street, 435 is already pushing the limits of what is usable and fun to me, at least for a FR car. But on the track, there have been times where I thought a little more power in 3rd or 4th gear would be fun.

But even on the track, as I was getting at above, if you were looking for more speed, I feel like there are plenty of other things that would deserve attention before you worried about power.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
This Mustang in stock form, feels about as fast as 3000lb car with 300WHP.
I'm pretty sure my modified cars in the 90s/2000s were just as fast if not faster.
Sure~ it's not a slow car in a stock form, but not a fast one either.
In the realm of modified cars, stock Mustang is just not impressive. :shrug:

OP
OP

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
If you go to a road course, I'm guessing heat is going to become a problem with an SC. Both for the SC and for your brakes. Not to mention there will probably only be very small sections every lap where you'll actually be able to go full throttle. Jus sayin'. Car might actually be more fun in stock form unless you go to the drag strip regularly.
This is a turn off :headbonk:

Why do you say that with a SC the car might be less fun to drive?

One of my definitions of "fun" is the feeling when you speed up and your head hits the sit and you get stick to it:first: Do not you think SC can give me that feeling? Stock is not enough in my opinion...

OP
OP

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
if you were looking for more speed, I feel like there are plenty of other things that would deserve attention before you worried about power.
What do you suggest instead?:D
Sponsored