Sponsored

Vargas Stage 2 kit

ECOSLPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB PP
So I'm looking at getting the Vargas Stage 2 kit. I know I need a custom tune (lund racing) and a UPR dual-catch can. Currently I have a Mishimoto Intercooler, Turbosmart Blow Off Valve, and Remus Racing exhaust. Would I need anything else? Also what kind of number should I be expecting with all of this? I plan on building the motor next year.

Thank you for any help in advance.
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So I'm looking at getting the Vargas Stage 2 kit. I know I need a custom tune (lund racing) and a UPR dual-catch can. Currently I have a Mishimoto Intercooler, Turbosmart Blow Off Valve, and Remus Racing exhaust. Would I need anything else? Also what kind of number should I be expecting with all of this? I plan on building the motor next year.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Lund Racing tunes my car, great group of guy over there by the way. You can buy the Turbo directly from Vargas Turbo Technologies. Get your tune going asap with Lund Racing, it takes about a week to get your N Gauge and get your communication started with Jon about your tune. You can but your catch can directly from UPR. Read the threads on the Turbo, lot of good info on it.

http://www.lundracing.com/

http://performance.vargasturbo.com/mustang-ecoboost/

http://www.uprproducts.com/

OP
OP
ECOSLPR

ECOSLPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB PP
Lund Racing tunes my car, great group of guy over there by the way. You can buy the Turbo directly from Vargas Turbo Technologies. Get your tune going asap with Lund Racing, it takes about a week to get your N Gauge and get your communication started with Jon about your tune. You can but your catch can directly from UPR. Read the threads on the Turbo, lot of good info on it.

http://www.lundracing.com/

http://performance.vargasturbo.com/mustang-ecoboost/

http://www.uprproducts.com/

Thanks for the feedback. What mods are you currently running and how much power are you making?

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Thanks for the feedback. What mods are you currently running and how much power are you making?
I have the Vargas Stage 2 Turbo, the Wagner EVO 2 intercooler, UPR catch cans, Solo Exhaust with my own Catted downpipe, Speed Performance AUX fuel kit. I run the car on E85 as well , and of course as I said Jon Lund over at Lund Racing tunes the car. The car has never been on the dyno, a good guess would be around 500 whp.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ECOSLPR

ECOSLPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB PP
I have the Vargas Stage 2 Turbo, the Wagner EVO 2 intercooler, UPR catch cans, Solo Exhaust with my own Catted downpipe, Speed Performance AUX fuel kit. I run the car on E85 as well , and of course as I said Jon Lund over at Lund Racing tunes the car. The car has never been on the dyno, a good guess would be around 500 whp.
That's awesome! Do you run 100% E85 or a mix between 91 and E85? Also how much MPG do you get from just cruising around? (curious)

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
That's awesome! Do you run 100% E85 or a mix between 91 and E85? Also how much MPG do you get from just cruising around? (curious)
I always use straight E85. I dont drive the car every day, but on road trips to So Cal, on 91 it got 30 mpg, and on E85 it gets 20 mpg. The average mileage I show lately is not good, maybe 16 - 18, id have to go look, all ive been doing is data logging at WOT or racing it lately.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I always use straight E85. I dont drive the car every day, but on road trips to So Cal, on 91 it got 30 mpg, and on E85 it gets 20 mpg. The average mileage I show lately is not good, maybe 16 - 18, id have to go look, all ive been doing is data logging at WOT or racing it lately.
Need to update your signature to show that 10.6 pass you made brotha!!

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
All this talk of the Vargas and Lund are making me 2nd guess my tuning choices now. I currently have Adam doing the work, but I still need to pay him another $350 or so for Aux fuel tuning (I have the kit sitting here in a box still), and lifetime upgrade.

I plan on doing Vargas this summer, wondering if I should just sell my Cobb and make the switch to NGauge and Lund now before dumping more money into Cobb/Tune+.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
All this talk of the Vargas and Lund are making me 2nd guess my tuning choices now. I currently have Adam doing the work, but I still need to pay him another $350 or so for Aux fuel tuning (I have the kit sitting here in a box still), and lifetime upgrade.

I plan on doing Vargas this summer, wondering if I should just sell my Cobb and make the switch to NGauge and Lund now before dumping more money into Cobb/Tune+.
That's a tough call, if your having good luck and are happy with your current tuner now, might wanna stay there, if your not confident in your choice, sometimes it best to sell out before you waste more money, not good to throw good money at bad. I used another tuner previous to Lund Racing, we were not on the same page, so I switched right away, Lunds tunes are great, aggressive yet safe, and they treat me well.

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
All personal preference. Just try and make sure you can have a good working relationship. (I think of it like hiring an employee). Hiring an employee costs money, sometimes it doesn't work out. That's why you interview :)
Sponsored