Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Raj Nair states: "this Bronco is completely unique from that Everest"... hopefully, those words are true. Thanks for posting that.
Giggity.

And will be between the first and second-gen in size. Perfect. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'll be trading the Jeep if the Bronco actually looks like a bronco. A removable top would be icing on the cake!

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I'll be trading the Jeep if the Bronco actually looks like a bronco. A removable top would be icing on the cake!
I'd be in the same boat, though by then my Jeep will be 15 years old. Not really worth trading. I'd probably keep it as a dedicated off-road & rally support vehicle.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I don't read anything in there that indicates that they're actually considering solid axles. Simply drawing a parallel between Dana supplying axles for this project and supplying axles for the Wrangler is meaningless. Dana also supplied the front axle for the old Ranger, and it was never a solid axle.

Also, Ford has as much as said that the Ranger we get is a warmed-over version of the Ranger T6 that's already in production. That truck has an IFS set up, and it seems unlikely that it would be redesigned for a solid axle as part of a mild updating. So, that only leaves the question of how far from the Ranger platform will Ford let the Bronco deviate? I'm having a hard time believing that they would modify an existing platform to accommodate both front axle configurations.

The nature of an SLA IFS allows the powertrain to be nestled down into the suspension cradle, with the front pumpkin next to the oil pan. But a live axle will require a lot more clearance once it starts articulating. Getting that much room means a big tear up in the underhood packaging. It just seems unlikely to me. I guess we can hope for the best but prepare for the worst here...

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Stop harshing the mellow. :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Well, Ford has so much as said that the Ranger would be a US-federalized version of the global Ranger. So, zero surprise there. They have also said that the Bronco would be a unique vehicle and not a rebadged Everest. So, though we don't know what that means per se, I wouldn't read too much into what Bronco would look like or offer from Ranger. Unless, of course, you're holding out for a live front axle. I doubt that was ever on the table...
Sponsored