Sponsored

Ecoboost oem airbox same as get and v6?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
Genuine question is there any difference in the actual airbox between the 3 engines? I know that the gt and v6 has a maf sensor and the Ecoboost has a temperature sensor? In the intake box but can the gt or v6 maf be plugged into the temp sensor location on the Ecoboost? :confused:
Sponsored

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
No an iat and maf housing are not interchange. The filter and box dimensions are the same but one can not be used on the other due to the sensors

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
From what I've seen, the top of the airbox wouldn't work due to the difference in sensors, as mentioned. However, the bottom would appear to work, although, I don't see how it'd add any benefit. The resonators on the airboxs seem to be different between the EcoBoost and V6/GT too. The larger motors have a larger resonator on the airbox.

OP
OP
Mustang Ver2.3
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
I c, yeah I was looking at perhaps using the maf version of the air box to measure the amount of air that's being consumed for a Diy water injection system. Unless one can somehow output that data from the ecu rpm/map measurements using a "unnecessary" output.
Sponsored