2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Isn't that flutter noise in the drive off video surge? It sounds like the BOV isn't adjusted properly.

OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
Isn't that flutter noise in the drive off video surge? It sounds like the BOV isn't adjusted properly.
It only did it when he was partially revving it and putting load on the motor and not moving. When we took it for a spin and revved it normally it had no flutter noise. We left it on the stock adjustment but can easily be changed. Too bad flutter isnt good for the car, because it sounds the best.
On my focus ST, i had a cpe intake and stock DV. If i would give it a partial rev at a certain rpm it would make a flutter sound and it was stock.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Flutter when not in boost is normal for a lot of valves. It doesn't hurt the turbo at all and happens on most cars with small quick spooling turbos with mechanical valves. Even valves like the HKS will flutter a little on a stock turbo EBM. If it made a flutter when in boost it's probably compressor surge which is damaging for a turbo.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Flutter when not in boost is normal for a lot of valves. It doesn't hurt the turbo at all and happens on most cars with small quick spooling turbos with mechanical valves. Even valves like the HKS will flutter a little on a stock turbo EBM. If it made a flutter when in boost it's probably compressor surge which is damaging for a turbo.
Thanks John, good info. I'm new to turbos and from descriptions I heard before, I thought even that was surge.
Sponsored