Sponsored

The Great BIG CAI Thread

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
Has anyone verified the MIT intake pipe fits 2017's?
Just picked up a new EB & noticed that Airaid doesn't have the MIT listed as fitting yet

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
Not sure,think Ford allready changed the intake mounting setup?
I highly doubt it but airaid can't confirm without a test car in their area.
Looking up the part #FR3Z-9B659-A, but I cannot find valid years

UPDATE:

CJPony verified that they have installed the MIT pipes and are updated on their site for 2015-2017

Last edited:

Sponsored

ETS Michael

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeturbosystems.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Please add our Intake to the original post.

ETS Intake:

The Extreme Turbo Systems cold air intake for the 2015+ Ecoboost Mustang increases power by removing the resetrictive factory intake system with paper element filter and replacing it with a fully mandrel bent 3.0" cold air intake tube and massive ETS K&N filter for maximum performance gains.

Features

Made in the USA
Direct Bolt On Replacement
No Tune Required
Tig Welded
Fully Mandrel Bent In House
100% 304 Stainless Steel Construction
Wrinkle Black Powdercoat Finish
Works with stock or aftermarket blow off valves
Cold air design for optimal performance
Large K&N Filter

- Robert

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
Initially, I installed MMR CAI on my EB but the sound was a little too aggressive, so I installed K&N CAI. I have been using it for about a year, and, every now and then, engine warning light comes off (every 2 months or so). I contacted K&N and they told me check all the connection. All the connection are fine, so I need to reset the light using my tuner (my EB has unleashed tune). Some others are also having the same problem with K&N. There is no actual solution about this, so I want to install the other CAI. Between Airaid dry CAI and Roush CAI, which one do you recommend? On America Muscle website, it looks like more people buys Roush CAI compared with the Airaid. Any suggestions? TIA!

Sponsored

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have your turner turn off the code, it's probably the P04DB code for crankcase vent disconnected...seems to be a pretty common issue with the aftermarket intakes on these cars.

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
Have your turner turn off the code, it's probably the P04DB code for crankcase vent disconnected...seems to be a pretty common issue with the aftermarket intakes on these cars.
Yes, the code is P04DB. If I install the other CAI, do you think I may still have the same issue?

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
Got my MAP intake on this weekend. Sounds MUCH better than stock. Really makes a lot of noise under hard acceleration and air temps were lower than with the factory air box.
[ame]

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Measure of intake pressure loss?

I'm currently running CPE Intercooler and Cobb drop-in filter w/ stock airbox with Cobb Stage 2 OTS map (more bolt-on's and E-tune coming soon :D). inlet temperature reading is usually the same as ambient temperature, with an occasional raise of 1 to 2 degrees, even when cruising as slow as 25 MPH.

I also measured the air intake pressure loss via AccessPort, and found that it's around -0.01 PSI while cruising (goes up to 0.01 in highway speeds. Perhaps a mild ram effect?). The pressure loss goes up to -0.75 PSI during WOT with about 25.5 PSI of boost. Would this be considered to be good or bad? Is someone with CAI willing to run the same test for comparison purposes?

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I made holes on the driver side grill in order to create a straight path for the air into the airbox. Inlet pressure now shows 0.04 to 0.08 PSI while cruising. Max pressure loss observed was -0.71 PSI during WOT with about 25.54 PSI of boost. So there is a measurable difference from makes those holes, just not sure if it's big enough to make any difference in performance.
Sponsored

Last edited: