Sponsored

Mustang Buying Basics + COTUS Guide

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
I found the build date. 30.11.0002 on a ford site. But can't decipher it.
I will try the chat line on thr ford site.
Thats a placeholder it will say that until getting closer to being built.
Sponsored

Kdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT CONVT
Talked to a chat rep. He said it only shows order processing.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Talked to a chat rep. He said it only shows order processing.
You need to talk to [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] instead. I have a build date and everything, and all they said to me is that its order processing.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
What is the direct web site
http://www.ordertracking.ford.com/

But it doesn't work for a lot of people. Ford needs to fix this. If you have a VIN it should work PERIOD.
I understand the order# thing getting mixed up if the dealer puts in more than one order or if it doesn't use/spell the last name, etc..

I have my VIN already, I can see/print my window sticker through the Ford window sticker website, but "cotus" is still saying my vehicle is not found! :frusty:

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,
I am not sure if this is where I need to post my question, but thought I would start here. i am wondering what the opinion is of purchasing a used 2016 Mustang GT Premium. The problem i am running into purchasing new is price point. I want to be in the low 30's for a GT premium with is usually base GT territory. Anyway- I spotted a 2016 GT Premium with 401A pkg and some other features for 31k used with approx 6,000 miles on it. That is the list price without negotiation. I asked them about the history of the vehicle and the said it was owned and titled by Ford and used by someone within the Ford Corporation. The dealership purchased it at a Ford Auction. What are my risks in purchasing used? I don't want to buy something that was beat on or used for line lock demonstrations. Not sure how to really tell if the car has been abused or not. I think its a lot safer that it was not a rental car, but unsure if this is the way to go or not. The vehicle also has the interior I want (dark saddle) that I cannot seem to find anywhere unless I special order. Any input would be appreciated!!!!!!

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Ordered 9/28/16
ETA 11/23/16

41 days and a wake-up can't come soon enough.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I checked the rest of the thread so appologizes if I missed this but: does the COTUS site/tool work for Canadians as well or is it a US only thing?

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I checked the rest of the thread so appologizes if I missed this but: does the COTUS site/tool work for Canadians as well or is it a US only thing?
I'm Canadian and it works for me.

Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Placed my order just over 3-1/2 weeks ago and still not in production.:( I'm never going to get my car am I? :paddle:

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
Placed my order just over 3-1/2 weeks ago and still not in production.:( I'm never going to get my car am I? :paddle:
I feel your pain. I placed mine on 21 Jan and it didn't hit production til 27 Feb. Be patient it should drop any day now.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I feel your pain. I placed mine on 21 Jan and it didn't hit production til 27 Feb. Be patient it should drop any day now.
When did you finally get it?