Sponsored

Lowering Springs Void Warranty???

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
Thinking about ordering some Steeda Progressive lowering springs and some 20mm wheel spacers. Will this void my factory warranty?
Sponsored

Joey5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Only if something happens due to the ride height being lower, or if any suspension related problem occurs. I.e. your struts start leaking. If you throw a rod through the block (God forbid) they won't deny the claim just because you had aftermarket springs on your car

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about ordering some Steeda Progressive lowering springs and some 20mm wheel spacers. Will this void my factory warranty?
The Dealership has to prove that said part caused the failure. Some dealerships are much cooler then others when it comes to that stuff as well.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You won't have any issues with the Steeda springs. Our parts are designed & engineered to not cause warranty concerns.

The same springs you are looking to install on your car are the same springs we install on our Steeda Performance Vehicles that are sold through Ford dealerships with a warranty.

Additionally, what part of FL are you in?

In short, you won't have any issues with the Steeda springs ... you will be very happy with your purchase.

Best Regards,

TJ

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
You'll love those Steeda progressive springs! Regarding the 20mm spacers, have you done any research on them first? If you are talking about spacers rather than wheel adapters, you'll need longer studs. If you're talking about wheel adapters, anything less than 23mm adapter and you'll need to trim your factory studs so they don't hit the back of the wheel. There are pockets on the back of the wheels but that's as much as they allow.

Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Depends on the dealership, everything voids warranty.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Depends on the dealership, everything voids warranty.
That's a bit vague and somewhat untrue.

Can having aftermarket springs cause you to have some warranty work denied? Sure, if those springs directly affected the broken part eg. strut for example as someone else mentioned.

But in no way can any dealer or even Ford completely void your ENTIRE vehicle warranty for springs.

Installing aftermarket parts only voids the warranty for that part specifically and any part that it may associated with, but not the whole warranty. If your windshield wiper motor breaks they can't void that part because you have springs.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It is possible that if you lower the car you might not be able to get the dealership to fix rattles/squeaks on the dash or trim panels. The assumption being that lower = stiffer = rattles? This is the only thing I've heard mentioned specifically. Seems like a wide variety in tolerance for after market mods for Ford dealers. Shop around.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
You're running 50/50 anytime you bring it in with something, anything, modified....dealer/service manager attitude towards modding, you name it...risk youre willing take.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Christian,

Were you able to decide with the help of the forum members?

Happy to help with any questions & work with you on the pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have about a billion suspension parts. My dealer basically said - if the part hasn't been modified, then they'll warranty it. They warrantied a bad toe arm I had even though I changed to spherical bearings in the knuckle, too. But, they will not touch any Steeda part I have and they would not fix my front control arms after both started making noise and had to be replaced, caused by a brace I had previously installed. They saw the marking/damage to the control arm bracket and said go fly a kite.
Sponsored