Sponsored

2018 Mustang Convertible Debut

xjester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem w/PP
Wow, thats nice.

And it really makes me wish Ford offered a flat satin paint option. Makes elements of the Mustang pop in the best kind of ways.
Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Interested in the Magnetic version and as an Ecoboost. I am sure there has to be some differences on the exterior such as grills, heat extractor, rear tail panel and valance.

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
It looks like they finally got rid of the stick antenna.
2018-Ford-Mustang-GT-Convertible-Ingot-Silver-2.jpg

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Hate to break it to you but in the overhead shot you can see the base. I think it is just hid by the lighting.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Don't be so sure......looks like there's something going on on that rear passenger fender.

I have to say, THAT'S how you do a beauty shot. Looks bloomin' fantastic there!

The perfect car for cruising Highway 1. Last time I did that was in an '04 SN95 'vert :)

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I still think the front end of the '15 - '17 looks nicer than the '18.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Love those wheels

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
I am still surprised about the lack of a static roll bar, or some similar active device. I would think that by now, federal roll-over regulations would require this on all convertibles.

The old rumors were that the 2005 convertible was going to introduce such a feature standard.

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
It really needs to be a hard top vert
These cars are already porkers! Would be neat, but I agree loss of trunk space isn't worth it, and the added weight would fatten up an already fat car!

Two thumbs up... nice vert!

Not enough to turn mine in.... waiting on that 2020, but this is a step in the right direction... like the small technology changes as well.

Hopefully for 2020 they will have a top that can go up/down at 100 mph.
Yeah I was hoping for one-touch top that will at least match Camaro's 30 mph speed limit. 3 mph limit? What's the point! Can't even do it cruising in a parking lot...:frusty: Camaro even has remote top-down capability which requires a motorized latch. C'mon, Ford, keep up with the competition! :crazy:

According to this article, there are no changes to the top mechanism: http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/20/2018-ford-mustang-convertible-reveal/

God I hope not... you want to kill the trunk space? I'll pass on a hard top... Nice having a trunk I can actually use for a weekend getaway for two... and not have to put the top up because my bags are in the backseat. Or worse, like an ex girlfriend's car, having to unpack and leave stuff because you have a small two seat car with no trunk space. lol

Current cloth top is just fine... no issues with it.
+1....the current cloth top is much better than any convertible I've been in, as far as looks and quietness. This thing is solid!

What do you think that circle on the top of the trunk is then?
The one in the middle is the sat radio/nav antenna...we have those already on 15-17 verts. Current verts have a short stick antenna on the pass rear fender, which appears to still maybe be there in the photo.

Yeah looks to me it is still there on the pass fender.

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
The bump on the trunklid is the satellite antenna and the stick antenna is on the rear passenger fender as shown here.
Aww.. that's unfortunate. That stick antenna ruins the top down look for me.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am still surprised about the lack of a static roll bar, or some similar active device. I would think that by now, federal roll-over regulations would require this on all convertibles.

The old rumors were that the 2005 convertible was going to introduce such a feature standard.
Car body structures are so stiff now that they really aren't necessary. The same way a strut tower brace really doesn't do much anymore, either. Some higher-end cars have active roll hoops that pop out of the rear headrests in the event of a rollover, but the Mustang structure must be strong enough to not need these.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Aww.. that's unfortunate. That stick antenna ruins the top down look for me.
That could relatively easily be removed. Just add a front windshield frame antenna hidden around the pillars and you'd have to have some body work done to cover the hole of the factory antenna.
Sponsored