Sponsored

Shelby's Latest GT500 Super Snake

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Shelby announced another limited edition super snake, I can barely tell the difference between the old one and it is just another bolt on kit. I was hoping for a true GT500 or a RHD car for our market.

I wonder how Mustang Motorsport will deal with customers who were sold the biggest baddest Mustang dog of them all. When a limited edition came out that could be worth millions. /s

It's not going to be worth millions but it is a disappointment and in my opinion it is eroding Shelby as a brand into just another Roush or other after market provider. You can certainly build your own car a lot cheaper than one of these kits and the prestige is no longer there in my opinion.

When will Ford give us what we as Australian's really want, a proper Shelby. I have looked at importing a GT350 and apart from owning one in the states for 12 months and bringing it across as a private import it is near impossible which is a shame

New Super snake
attachment.jpg

Old Super snake
2015-shelby-super-snake-mustang-657x360.jpg
Sponsored

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Completely agree with you. This is just another bolt on package that does not deserve a "special announcement".

Would like to here about your research into bringing over a GT350 as a private import though...

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
#BigDogThread
To be honest I feel sorry for him, a similar thing happened to Sam Newman a few years ago when he bought a Murcielago being told that it is the most powerful one coming out and there are no new ones. A short time later the LP640 was released.

Sam Newman was successful in his court case

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
To be honest I feel sorry for him, a similar thing happened to Sam Newman a few years ago when he bought a Murcielago being told that it is the most powerful one coming out and there are no new ones. A short time later the LP640 was released.

Sam Newman was successful in his court case
Maybe a renaming to #aboveaveragedog

Sponsored

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
Forget my ignorance, but why doesn't the Super Snake get the same front end (vented, bulging guards) of the GT350?

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Forget my ignorance, but why doesn't the Super Snake get the same front end (vented, bulging guards) of the GT350?
Because it's a bolt on kit to the current model. Gt350 has a completely different engine

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
As I understand it the GT350 & R are made by Ford Shelby whereas the Super Snake is made by Shelby American, ie different companies. I'm not sure on the relationship between the two, but I imagine that means Ford didn't want the Super Snake to borrow the look.

Edit: and yeah as above, it's not based on the actual Ford Shelby model

Also, WTF is going on in the fog light region of the GT500?

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
not sure this is what Gt500 suppose to be like. isnt GT500 suppose to be a supercharged/turbo charged gt350 with the voodoo .. maybe they are saving it for the mach1.

hope we dont have to wait 40years to get one of these bad boys (gt350 or equivalent) here.

agree with ts, if this cost $100k to do, and its really just a glorified s550, i rather save my money and go custom shop ala DIY

Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
#IAmTheBigDog

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
All current Shelby's are nothing more than standard GT and EcoBoosts with a bunch of tacky grilles, emblems and stickers, tuned with bolt on parts that you can buy over the counter from Ford Performance, Borla and Willwood. They are absolutely nothing special because apart from the hideous optical bits Shelby American does not develop any performance part themselves. They just buy stuff from other companies, put a Shelby sticker on it and double the price. All they do is milk the legendary Shelby name and I really fail to see what the attraction is.

Personally I have a lot more respect for Steeda. They do great inhouse development work and offer countless high quality performance parts. In my opinion they are the Shelby of the new millennium.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
^^^^ 2017 Post of the Year #bigdogwillbegutted

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Heard a rumor Ford Australia will bring 200 GT 350 Mustangs in as right hand drive in the 2018 car. Around $100K was the quoted price.

Not sure the story is true but that's good value for one here if it is.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Heard a rumor Ford Australia will bring 200 GT 350 Mustangs in as right hand drive in the 2018 car. Around $100K was the quoted price.

Not sure the story is true but that's good value for one here if it is.
That will be interesting if they do. Ford US said that they did no development or regulation for a RHD version of the GT350 when it was originally announced, so would not be producing one. This rumour would mean that in the time since then they've decided to go through that process. I wonder if it's more of a Ford US problem than a Ford AU one.
Sponsored