Sponsored

2018 changes will be available world wide

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
This is what the Mustang Product Marketing Manager said during the Detroit show: "We build a global Mustang now so the changes that we are showing today will be available world wide."

Interesting and I hope it is all true.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Let's revisit this thread and that statement once cars start shipping ;)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Yay for adaptive cruise control
Yay for memory seats
Yay for magnaride
Yay for heated steering wheel

Now let's also hope for no more dumbo mirrors and stupid clear taillights on the export models and DRLs that can be activated by a software setting instead of having to hack open the entire units and installing an aftermarket solution.

They can keep the hood vents though, those are just plain silly looking.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
When do you think will be available in Europe? This year?

I also expect Ford keep the front tribar leds, hood and red taillights.

We should start a petition to Ford.

Sponsored

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
When do you think will be available in Europe? This year?

I also expect Ford keep the front tribar leds, hood and red taillights.

We should start a petition to Ford.

My guess is mid 2018 before we see any in Europe.

No chance for the hood vents due EU legislation. Same with the red tail lights. Tribars....well, who knows :shrug:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
...and Yay to the 10-speed automatic ;)
Oh fuck I forgot the most important thing :lol:

Really interested in the emissions improvement of the new auto.

Chevy's Camaro Auto has the same emission as the manual.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There are plenty of cars with hood vents in Europe and MOST cars have red tail lamps (just make a small provision for an amber turn signal).

Heck, new Peugeots are running triple red tails!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
This is how I roll. Amber blinking through red US tail lights, no problem.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
That statement worths nothing IMO. Yes changes will be available worldwide... where regulations will allow them.
I bet that red taillights are a no-no as for the current model, and probably the same will be for the tribars. And led headlights? Mmm. Remember that our current headlights are different from US model, they have 35w xenon lights and we get 25w.. but they still say that the mustang with its features is available worldwide.
We also have halogen fog lights instead of leds..

In my short experience with Ford I understood that they wanted to go global but with the minimal effort needed. Of course it is economically correct since making hundreds different versions specifically for each market\country is a PITA so they put in export models the minimal common features that are suitable for all different regulations.
But you can't say that it's the same model worldwide.
Oh I know that for most customers this is not a problem, the car is 'the same' and these are only details.. but for me small differences like the rear decklid with a different logo (why???) are a big disappointment.

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Yay for adaptive cruise control
Yay for memory seats
Yay for magnaride
Yay for heated steering wheel

Now let's also hope for no more dumbo mirrors and stupid clear taillights on the export models and DRLs that can be activated by a software setting instead of having to hack open the entire units and installing an aftermarket solution.

They can keep the hood vents though, those are just plain silly looking.
...and Yay to the 10-speed automatic ;)
...and Yay for the digital speedo :cheers:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
My guess is that they have took over and implemented EU regulations to the US market after watching the EU buyers modifications, wishes and complaints. This way all it takes is programming the software settings per country/market. If you watch the new drl's, they don't point that much sideways anymore so my guess is that they will be legal in Europe. For the tails, red is legal and it's been proven that the amber blinking is still amber through red covers etc.

And there are a bunch of other things inspired from the after market and DIY mods they have implemented.

Also keep in mind that our EURO 6 emission norm is based on or the same as the Canadian EURO 6 norm, US is or was EURO 5. From a financial standpoint it's a wise decision to make a global car and from a safety & emission point of view its a good thing for the US consumer as well.

I'm not that sure that the EU pricing will be comparable to the US pricing though. It would be fair if the base price was the same or similar, apart from the added shipping costs and taxes etc.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion Ford is ONLY interested in US market. They go global yes, but it's only a small fraction of the US Mustang market. They weren't able to fix the cooled seats even if it's a design issue.. I highly doubt they are listening to a bunch of eu\au guys complaining for drls\tail lights.
Think that among other mustang owners I met here, many of them didn't know nothing about US\EU differences.
Amber works through red lens of course.. but it worked also before they release the MY2014-5 so if they didn't made red-with-amber taillights before, I bet they won't in future too.

Ford thinks at the american market first, and then adapts the car for other countries regulations so they can say "we sell the mustang in 1xx countries!!"
Sponsored