Sponsored

2015+ Mustang Trip Computer

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Hi guys,

I just came across this old picture from a brochure showing the trip computer on the 2015+ Mustang.

Now, this is what I have on my car :

Is this again a fault into the brochure or can this be activated somewhere ?

Thanks in advance for your help :cheers:
Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I don't understand what you are trying to activate. If you want the large distance to empty display, press up or down and it will cycle through each of the info quadrants individually and enlarge them.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand what you are trying to activate. If you want the large distance to empty display, press up or down and it will cycle through each of the info quadrants individually and enlarge them.
I meant, you see that you have the navigation on the right of the screen, this is not available on my car (and all EU cars).

That's what I try to figure out.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I meant, you see that you have the navigation on the right of the screen, this is not available on my car (and all EU cars).

Oh, I do not know if cars equipped with nav can do this, but I know my Focus ST without nav used this feature when you used the Sync voice navigation feature. All cars have nav technically, but if you don't spec nav in your options, you have to use either voice input for directions or a Sync app on your phone which sends directions to your car and is read over the speakers and in the dash like this but not displayed on the touch screen.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ford-sync-destinations/id410940835?mt=8

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

what you mean the N on the screen?

Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
The middle part looks similar to the same middle screen on my fiancee's 2014 Focus, I wonder if the picture from the brochure was a preproduction version of the vehicle and they made an update to that center screen to make it unique for the Mustang?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I don't think models with NAV can do that. I might try once the weather gets normal but I highly doubt it.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think models with NAV can do that. I might try once the weather gets normal but I highly doubt it.
EU models comes standard equipped with the NAV, so don't know where they've found this picture ... :shrug:

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
That looks like a pic of some kind of pre-production prototype. Look at the lit up rings surrounding the speedo/tach. Production cars don't have that.

Sponsored

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
EU models comes standard equipped with the NAV, so don't know where they've found this picture ... :shrug:
Do EU models come standard with the NAV?

Didn´t knew!!! How do I activate it? :doh:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I've never seen a Mustang with NAV turn by turn directions showing up in the cluster, but I also haven't dug much into the IPC as-built files to see if there is a way to enable it. My wife's Edge has 2 screens in the cluster, and the right screen will show turn by turn navigation.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've never seen a Mustang with NAV turn by turn directions showing up in the cluster, but I also haven't dug much into the IPC as-built files to see if there is a way to enable it. My wife's Edge has 2 screens in the cluster, and the right screen will show turn by turn navigation.
Well I have only seen this on the non Nav cars. All Sync enabled cars come with a premium type of Sync for 4 or 5 years where you can have your Sync call a number and you are hooked up with a live operator that will send directions to your Sync via your phone to the system which will then give you voice nav and a small screen on the dash exactly like OP is looking at but it does NOT display on the 8" screen. You can also use the app I posted earlier in this thread to do the same thing. I have done this on my 2013 Focus ST which is how I know, but my 15 Mustang has Nav so I couldn't tell you if non nav stangs will do this, but I imagine they would since they are the exact same Sync systems.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Very obviously a pre-production item, or was photoshopped due to the actual device not being ready at the time that magazine was printed. Notice the gauges are quite different, the dial pointers are completely different and the screen in the middle is much more graphical with images, rather than text. Also notice, things like the shift paddle + and - are illuminated as well as the stenciling on the turn signal stalk.

Items like this get changed all the time during the production process. Usually due to the bean counters winning and items being dropped due to cost, complexity, etc.

I have a salesman training filmstrip on the 1970 Barracuda but the film was made in August, 1969. The cars in the filmstrip feature many pre-production items that are blatantly obvious, but absolutely fascinating.

So, this is really nothing new.
Sponsored