Sponsored

Will Ford make any new orders on MY17 Mustangs?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
If you haven't ordered a new car yet, it will be £600 more from tomorrow.
Price increase? Two years to the day prices were announced for the first cars.
Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Price increase? Two years to the day prices were announced for the first cars.
Yeah, my dealer told me the increase will be £600 on Jan 20th.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
If I was Ford UK I'd specify a more basic car for the UK based on the '18. A sort of hotch potch of bits to keep the price down, especially as they say the new base model has suspension as good as the current PP. I would not offer any of the exotic options; mag ride, active exhaust or digi dash.

A good looking, cheap new big V8 with lots of US muscle car heritage. That's what I want.
But remember Ford UK seem to have no control over what is built for the UK market; it looks like Ford US manufacture a standard spec for all the RHD markets - for example we get the performance pack on the auto's that isn't generally available in the US.

The RHD's today are not directly comparable to any of the US models; it is a combination of "enough stuff" to make it a "premium car" for us, but there are really very few build options available. The LHD euro cars do have more, e.g. Recaro seats but still not many.

It would be great if they do offer some real options in the MY18's but since they didn't for the MY15's to 17's, I wouldn't hold my breath. I think we will just get a "standard" spec; let's see if it includes the new suspension, dashboard and auto options. But we won't know for a few months yet.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
As the title says, does anyone think people will put an order in for a MY17 Mustang between now and the books opening for MY18? It would seem illogical, and that would mean Ford don't sell any for 5 months or so.... would build a natural gap in production for the plant to switch over though!
Stoneacres already took a deposit for an MY18 but they don't have a spec yet

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Im sure they'll take a deposit, wouldn't trust a dealer to notify me when MY18 was 'ready for speccing'

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
gah they're getting common around here now :(

give me a shout when you're out and about would love to come take a look at the red never seen one close up

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
gah they're getting common around here now :(

give me a shout when you're out and about would love to come take a look at the red never seen one close up
One of the salesman said some time ago that all the Mustangs on order had been built. As far as I'm aware there's no more deliveries there until the MY18 builds arrive.

Price rises will make them less popular
Sponsored