Sponsored

2018 Mustang. Anyone warming to it?

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
Well, when the S550 was announced many people hated the front and it eventually did grow on people. I have mixed feelings in regards to the 2018 stang. First of all its a Stang, so I will naturally love it. But they seem to be moving into a more sports car design than a muscle car design with those lights and no hood bulge.

I think with the right combination of the wheels it can look pretty good. I just hope the EURO / AUSSIE spec is decent. I don't think it looks good with the default GT black wheels of the 15-17 model shown in the original release video.

They should have also made the fog lamps dominant, as those make the mustang really stand out. In the 2018 model they seem to have been removed or shrunk to a very small size. The optional louder default exhaust is good though. I think it will grow on me, but I still like the 15 - 17 more.
Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Hi Paul, yes a MY2017 but built in 2016. Same ship buddy's you and me.
:cheers:
Yes our Pony's are buddy's Paul :D

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Am I the only one that finds the new digital dash hideous?
I personally think it looks cheap and nasty like the crap that was offered in some cars from the 80's
I would prefer not to have it in a Mustang, but It wouldn't worry me in a Focus or Mondeo.

I love the 'ground speed' notation in the current model instruments, plus the 'Since 1964' badge, both of which I believe are missing from the new model.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
Starting to get used to the 2018 refresh as mentioned before the new wheel packages suit it more than the older 2017 wheels, my only concern would be the 10 speed auto transmission.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Starting to get used to the 2018 refresh as mentioned before the new wheel packages suit it more than the older 2017 wheels, my only concern would be the 10 speed auto transmission.
I think I would miss not hearing it go through the greater part of the rev range. Even a six speed isn't ideal in that repect, I imagine, because I have not actually experienced the current Stang yet.

Sponsored

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)
Didn't like it all when I first saw it, esp the front end but it is starting to grow on me a bit. Still prefer the current design but now don't hate the new version.

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They took my favourite two parts of the exterior (bonnet and nose) and removed the character out of it. I'm glad mine will be a 2017.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Stole this render from a US thread. Looks good to me.
Now you are tempting me; Gabber Blue with white stripes :)

It does look good from that angle and without the glossy standard grille, and being photo-shopped.

The grille vents are not likely to be legal in Australia, so you have to imagine it without them too.

I live in hope that the standard car looks better in the flesh.

Sponsored

AMJAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Aug 17 arrival)
Hi Rix,
The dealer is a friend of mine so I might be getting treated differently but it was all OK. That was because my car was not built yet. I doubt it will happen if the car is already built. That would have a cost to dealer. I would imagine as long as the car is not built you should be OK to change. As far as I know Ford is not taking orders for 2018 cars as yet and we being Australia are unlikely to see 2018 cars before 2018

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT w/ Performance Pack
I loved everything about the 2018 except for the front end. Now I actually like the front end, just not as much as the '15-'17 front end. Ford has done a great job!