Exhaust suggestions

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I think I've watched over a thousand videos in the last week or two trying to decide what cat back I want to put on my car. So far I like the Corsa sport and then I came across the Roush with an H pipe. I really love the way that sounds good I am worried that since it's a daily driver I will get tired of it on the highway butt that's why I'm asking for opinions here. I want something that sounds aggressive and mean. Not looking for anything raspy and definitely no drone. I tend to like the old muscle car sound. So basically I'm looking for something that has a very low tone to it that sounds mean but his quiet when cruising. Any input will be greatly appreciated because I know that I won't have a chance to hear these exhausting person because there are not many people in the Orlando area that have change the exhaust on their Mustangs. I have had corsa exhausts in the past and they've always been great because there is absolutely no drone but I really do like the way the Roush sounds because it's so aggressive and mean. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Pypes Street Pro FTW

I have the Pypes Street Pro with stock resonator and everything else. Had a nice deep sound (old school muscle-like). NO rasp, NO drone. Not crazy loud, but you will certainly know it isn't stock when you roll into it! I absolutely love it. I had several Fox body Stangs with long tubes and flowmasters and loved those. This isn't exactly the same, but it does sound excellent! Could not get video clip to upload.

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Not sure on the headers. I put them on my last Corvette and loved them with the Corsa pace car exhaust I had on there.
I want loud and mean but quiet cruising. I know it's possible so that's why I thought I would ask for advise.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You won't regret Corsa sport. Volume is very controlled when you want and not over the top loud when you're on it, but you'll definitely be heard. Roush + resonator delete is arguably the loudest setup with stock cats, though does sound fantastic also. The Corsa tone is extremely well tuned and fits the car perfectly. At cruise it's nearly silent, and not even the slightest hint of drone.

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
That's exactly what I like about Corsa. So quiet on the highway.

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
Love my Corsa. Worth every penny. Can even get one for only a few dollars more than a bullshit flowmaster cat back if you contact the right vendor.

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Love my Corsa. Worth every penny. Can even get one for only a few dollars more than a bullshit flowmaster cat back if you contact the right vendor.
Which one did you go with? The sport or the extreme?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Corsa is a bit more on the exotic side, particularly the Xtreme.

This is my favorite clip of the Sport, though (start @ 4:20):
[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I have watched that video several times. It does sound really good !!

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm in Orlando as well. Corsa Sport here. I've got headers now, so it's louder. But at cruise RPM under 3k it's just fine. No drone. It's easy to keep it under control.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Not looking for anything raspy and definitely no drone. I tend to like the old muscle car sound. So basically I'm looking for something that has a very low tone to it that sounds mean but his quiet when cruising.
I have the perfect kit for you. Deepest tone of any kit I've heard (I've heard them all in person), zero drone, screams like a banshee at WOT, made in the USA from 304 Stainless, and lifetime warrantied. Doesn't get better for what you're asking.

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS2
I have the roush quad tip and an x pipe. it it completely livable and drivable on the highway without any headaches. X pipe took a couple hundred miles to mellow out. now its pretty damn quiet, but if i drop the hammer holy baby jesus. ull love it

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Ah yes the search for the perfect exhaust!

The usual suspects are going to pop up:

Manga flow Street - deep old school no drone reported that I found

Borla - deep rumble with a little rasp reported in upper rims. No drone

Stainless works - deep old school sounding. Drone reported

MRT - deep, mean, muscle. car sound but some drone and on the loud side

Solo Mach XV - deep muscle car tone. No rasp. No drone. Exhaust has presence but not over the top loud.

Krona - good deep sound

ARH - deep muscle car sound, no rasp, no drone, slightly on the quieter side compared to the above. Great DD choice for deep tone but not over the top. Meant to go with their headers and that's why it's a little on the quieter side.

I personally was torn between ARH, MRT, and Solo. Didn't know about Krona at the time but would have made my list of choices.

Good luck!
Sponsored