Sponsored

Full Bolt On - GT350 Intake, E85, 47LB Injectors, Stainless Power Longtubes, PMAS,

OP
OP
Mustang Lifestyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 2015 GT, 2003 Cobra, 1999 GT
It does have gains, minimal but there are gains. Yes there are drive ability issues but a good tuner and a lot of time can resolve those issues. :)
The drivability issues can be corrected with time but its not worth it with no gain. We tested it back to back same day on a auto car and it made the same power.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The GT350 TB, which is a GM part oddly, leads to a very touchy throttle if not tuned properly. It doesn't really contribute to significant enough gains to fight with.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
The drivability issues can be corrected with time but its not worth it with no gain. We tested it back to back same day on a auto car and it made the same power.
I tested it back to back with Lund on a manual car. It made an extra 10-12HP after 6200rpm.

Both tunes had timing maxed and fully dialled in also and on both tunes fully maxed the 350 TB gained 12HP at the top-end. It makes power for sure, on a manual at least. :)

Drive ability yes its a pain in the ass, but it can be got there and once there it drives quite nice, even wet mode is an improvement. :)

OP
OP
Mustang Lifestyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 2015 GT, 2003 Cobra, 1999 GT
I tested it back to back with Lund on a manual car. It made an extra 10-12HP after 6200rpm.

Both tunes had timing maxed and fully dialled in also and on both tunes fully maxed the 350 TB gained 12HP at the top-end. It makes power for sure, on a manual at least. :)

Drive ability yes its a pain in the ass, but it can be got there and once there it drives quite nice, even wet mode is an improvement. :)
That is interesting. Glad it worked well for you. For this car we decided its easier and cheaper to stay with stock TB.

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I commented on your Facebook post earlier today. Great numbers guys!

All I'm missing to hit these numbers is the manifold/tb and injectors. I'm trying to justify the $1500 for not much horsepower. :\

Orange_cru$h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO Premium Pkg 6A 3.15 18"
Makes good power..! Waiting for the track results...

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm trying to justify the $1500 for not much horsepower. :\
Can't help but agree with you there...

But, with a tune, you're also getting throttle response enhancements, eliminating of "torque management" nannies that hold the car back, a much higher redline. If we could combine a GT350 manifold with 4:2:1 headers - which make better midrange than long-tubes typically - it'd be interesting. Nobody makes headers like that - harder to do right. Added advantage is that they are also typically quieter, less rasp.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I would choose the american racing headers over the stainless works. I bet that setup would put more power to do ground. A buddy of mine has the stainless works headers with highflow cats, i have the stock, we put down same exact numbers on the same dyno!

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Your buddy needs a better tune. The power differences between different headers - assuming their build quality is appropriate - are countable with your fingers.
exactly

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Can't help but agree with you there...

But, with a tune, you're also getting throttle response enhancements, eliminating of "torque management" nannies that hold the car back, a much higher redline. If we could combine a GT350 manifold with 4:2:1 headers - which make better midrange than long-tubes typically - it'd be interesting. Nobody makes headers like that - harder to do right. Added advantage is that they are also typically quieter, less rasp.
This, I am on the 350 setup and even though the dyno shows no gains under 5500rpm, the car is a lot more lively due to throttle response and on a whole is just a far more alive car and the fact you can hold onto gears so much longer without sacrificing performance is nice. This setup spins to 8000 so quick! :D

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I would choose the american racing headers over the stainless works. I bet that setup would put more power to do ground. A buddy of mine has the stainless works headers with highflow cats, i have the stock, we put down same exact numbers on the same dyno!
The fastest NA car on this forum runs Stainless Works headers. There are several NA cars in or within the 10 sec range with FBO using Stainless Works/Power LT's. I haven't seen an American Racing header faster yet with similar mods. I do believe the American racing and Kooks headers are excellent but they are not proven to make a substantial performance difference in the real world.

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This, I am on the 350 setup and even though the dyno shows no gains under 5500rpm, the car is a lot more lively due to throttle response and on a whole is just a far more alive car and the fact you can hold onto gears so much longer without sacrificing performance is nice. This setup spins to 8000 so quick! :D
THIS! i know they say there isn't much gain under curve but i find the car drives so much better w/ the gt350. Insane throttle response and a smooth linear pull. I'd say mine drives better than stock.
Sponsored