Sponsored

FI and DI for 2018 5.0L

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
So what is the consensus of FI on top of 12:1 DI?
Sponsored

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
So what is the consensus of FI on top of 12:1 DI?
The 12:1 is not a problem. They have supercharged and turbo gt350's that run 12:1 compression ratio.

The DI should help. I believe it helps cool things down, has more controlled fueling, and should help prevent running lean. I could be wrong though.

I think this thing is going to put down crazy FI numbers.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
once the tuners figure it out.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
NA route for me!

CAI, Intake manifold, headers and a good custom tune should see this around 570-590HP crank with 12:1 and the DI/PI on the engine. Mated to the 10-speed thats gonna be one damn quick Pony, well into 10s NA easy on slicks and maybe even street tyres.

Sponsored

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
NA route for me!

CAI, Intake manifold, headers and a good custom tune should see this around 570-590HP crank with 12:1 and the DI/PI on the engine. Mated to the 10-speed thats gonna be one damn quick Pony, well into 10s NA easy on slicks and maybe even street tyres.
This is pure speculation but I don't think it's going to take an intake manifold. I bet this one already has one on it that flows just fine for the 7500rpm that this thing will turn from the factory. I'm thinking a CAI and tune to hit 500 to 520 at the crank.

CAI, tune, cat deletes, and maybe e85 to get 500 at the wheels. Just my guess.

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'm excited, the new 5.0 is gonna make wicked numbers on 11 lbs of boost and e85 and the natural rpm increase means the roush kits are gonna rev higher because roush tunes don't go past factory rev limited cause of harmonics.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
once the tuners figure it out.
Cool part is Lund Racing has so much data with the Ecoboost DI engines and the PI Coyotes already. He tunes my DI Ecoboost which has auxillery port injection tuning on top of the DI, and he has made it work great, he hates how antiquated the aftermarket split second system is, but he has it mastered. I bet they are excited for something new to play with. I wish the Ecoboost would have PI and DI like the 18' Coyote will, id be excited.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Wonder what the hpfp will handle. Will it be the usual weak spot or will it be stout.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Will this new high compression work with a supercharger at say 10-12psi at 12.1 comp ratio?

Sponsored
OP
OP

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
The 12:1 is not a problem. They have supercharged and turbo gt350's that run 12:1 compression ratio.

The DI should help. I believe it helps cool things down, has more controlled fueling, and should help prevent running lean. I could be wrong though.

I think this thing is going to put down crazy FI numbers.
Thanks, good to know. Haven't paid much attention to the S550's
until now.

Really curious what the strategy is going to be with both
sets of injectors and FI. I assume if you can, you'd rather add
most of your fuel outside the comb chamber under boost.
Would assume a lot easier and cheaper to replace those injectors.

Cool part is Lund Racing has so much data with the Ecoboost DI engines and the PI Coyotes already. He tunes my DI Ecoboost which has auxillery port injection tuning on top of the DI, and he has made it work great, he hates how antiquated the aftermarket split second system is, but he has it mastered. I bet they are excited for something new to play with. I wish the Ecoboost would have PI and DI like the 18' Coyote will, id be excited.
Any other engines besides the truck 2.7/3.5's have the dual injectors yet?

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
This will be the key.
Its a ford, it will break. Honestly Im not a fan of direct injection from a performance stand point when it comes to modifying cars. But tuning BRZs are easy enough. Should be similar.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Its a ford, it will break. Honestly Im not a fan of direct injection from a performance stand point when it comes to modifying cars. But tuning BRZs are easy enough. Should be similar.
Neither am I. A lot will depend on how much headroom exists in the stock HPFP and how reliable it is. I have had two DI vehicles so far, both modded. The Focus ST was extremely limited by the HPFP and the Subaru I currently have appears to be OK on fuel requirements as long as you stay with pump. Throw in the issue that E85 typically cuts the lifespan of the HPFP significantly and it can throw a wrench in the equation. The added port injection should surely help with fueling requirements, but there will definitely be a learning curve.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really happy that Ford is doing this the smart way and using both, instead of just DI, which leads to terrible build up in the heads over time. You get clean ports/valves, the benefit of efficiency, and the ability to run large port injectors without sacrificing idle and cruise smoothness and stability.
Lexus had been doing both for a very long time now. The 86 twins use this system. It's great
Sponsored