728 PONY

728 Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT premium p/p
I seem to remember the same negative feelings when the '15 came around....just sayin'
Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Good rundown video of the new mustang

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Like the idea of an active exhaust; highly doubt that we will see it as it will fail to comply with EPA regulations.
Why? Commodore has it and it complies.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Like the idea of an active exhaust; highly doubt that we will see it as it will fail to comply with EPA regulations.

As many others have said, the new customisable dash looksawesome! I'm hoping for a retrofit :-)
Don't HSVs have the active exhaust?

Quite in love with the MY2018 - love how they dropped the bonnet down and sharpened the look, made it really aggressive - loved the 15' look too but this is lot down my alley. Have to see what the dealer says now, next year delivery suits me just fine.

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Why? Commodore has it and it complies.
The difference being that ford are advising that you can change ghe exhaust to suit your mood; not just a preset profile. I.E. like the Mopar active exhausts for the 300c.

EPA regulations prohibit any exhaust that can easily have thw aound le wl modified. I.E. Roush active.

Hence my doubts. Can provide source URLs to the EPA site, but im out camping.

FYI; happy to be proven wrong!

Sponsored

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
The difference being that ford are advising that you can change ghe exhaust to suit your mood; not just a preset profile. I.E. like the Mopar active exhausts for the 300c.

EPA regulations prohibit any exhaust that can easily have thw aound le wl modified. I.E. Roush active.

Hence my doubts. Can provide source URLs to the EPA site, but im out camping.

FYI; happy to be proven wrong!
I think you took the "change the exhaust to suit your mood" too literally. What I mean by that is if you want to open it up and have it loud you can but if you're driving home late one night and want some peace and quite you can close it up.

I don't think they meant anything more than that.:)

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Don't HSVs have the active exhaust?

Quite in love with the MY2018 - love how they dropped the bonnet down and sharpened the look, made it really aggressive - loved the 15' look too but this is lot down my alley. Have to see what the dealer says now, next year delivery suits me just fine.
Don't forget that for our mustang it's not just Australian laws that it's being built to, we get lumped in with the UK and EU. So whilst some things may be allowed here, if there is anything banned in any of the other export countries, it's likely we won't get it. I remember there was various things on the current mustang that would have been legal here but weren't in a European country and thus we missed out.

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
When I took delivery of my 2016 GT I thought it needed,
1. A bit more power
2. A bit more noise
3. Better handling characteristics
4. A more upmarket interior
5. More quality in the engine bay fittings.

I fixed 4 out of 5 of these at a cost of around 8G's (couldn't do anything much about No.4). And the first 4 out of 5 seem to be addressed in the new model, at no cost. Yep it will certainly effect our resale, but not disastrously. Mainly due to the fact that 15 to 17 model looks way better than the new. Changing the new model to have a Lexus/Camry bonnet is tragic and you can bet the Australian version wont get the vents, just like ours didn't.
Be interesting to see just how much the interior has improved.

Also I don't think a sports car should have a 10 speed auto. At least with the current auto you can put it in sport and use the paddles to hold the gears as you like, the long evil sounding revs in second and third gear up to 7,000 rpm wont be available it will be a much shorter ratio and without the use of the paddles it will just be one big slush box. Not happy Jan!
Buy a manual then.

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Quite in love with the MY2018 - love how they dropped the bonnet down and sharpened the look, made it really aggressive
Now picture the new lowered hood without the vents.
Dont you think it looks pedestrian?
At least the 15/17' has a 'bulge'....

Each to their own I guess... Otherwise everyone will be a Corolla or is it KIA/Hyundai now...

Sponsored

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Now picture the new lowered hood without the vents.
Dont you think it looks pedestrian? .
I actually saw a PS with the MY18 hood vents gone, and looked quite good. I don't think that is anything different when the current cars lost the scoops.

Regarding resale - with the new car it will go down, just the engine upgrades alone will ensure MY18 is the new bad boy on the block...but anyway, who ever buys a car like this to worry about the resale :cheers:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Buy a manual then.
I would except my wife needs to drive it when I borrow her car, she can't drive a manual- so auto for me, also a manual is a pita for a dd into the cbd every day

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2016
My inner geek is quite happy with the new interior and gadgetry added in MY18. :p The new bonnet isn't that bad, it will grow on us. I remember MY15 review videos were declaring worst design ever and sky is falling but I loved it. I am ready to wait and watch :cheers: I mean, no other choice, cause I got me a MY16 :cool:

For me, the worst looking models were 1985-99. I fell in love with Mustangs of 2005-2009 and wanted to buy one...didn't have enough money back then :p

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I don't mind the new design. I like the rear more than the front, like most others. The front is going to get some getting used to. :eek:
But, when you put the 2017 and 2018 side by side, I'll pick the '17 all day long. It's just more aggressive looking in my eyes. Will have to see a '18 in person to pass final judgement.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Semi confirmed, based on that MY2018 RHD mule video, that the bonnet vents are yet again missing...I was secretly hoping that these would be globally acceptable and that they would stay - oh well.
Sponsored