Sponsored

MBRP Street Cat-Back Exhaust w/ H-Pipe: thoughts?/experiences?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
thanks guys. this really helps. am I sacrificing quality by getting this system? why is it so much cheaper than other systems.... not complaining about the price but don't want to bolt a piece of crap to my nice car either...
Most systems should be around that range anyway. Some charges 2k for bent metal pipes is crazy.
The more complex Solo Performance is not much more expensive.
Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
If I get a chance I may try to make a clip of my exhaust. It definitely sounds better after a few hundred miles. Most of the clips posted on YouTube are of freshly installed systems. I'm out of town in my other car right now so it'll be a few days at least.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
thanks guys. this really helps. am I sacrificing quality by getting this system? why is it so much cheaper than other systems.... not complaining about the price but don't want to bolt a piece of crap to my nice car either...
The build quality is great. Here are some good pictures that I posted a while back.

I heard the street is all rasp no bass.
You heard wrong. Theres a lot of deep tones, much more than other systems. That's one of the reasons I bought it(and cost).

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
thanks for the pics! damn that looks nice as hell. aiming for the black tips to go with my stormtrooper look. I noticed they have one with and H pipe and one with Y pipe. how would this affect sound? has anyone installed the one with the Y pipe? all the videos I find have the H pipe.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
thanks for the pics! damn that looks nice as hell. aiming for the black tips to go with my stormtrooper look. I noticed they have one with and H pipe and one with Y pipe. how would this affect sound? has anyone installed the one with the Y pipe? all the videos I find have the H pipe.
Y pipe is for ecoboost.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
TYou heard wrong. Theres a lot of deep tones, much more than other systems. That's one of the reasons I bought it(and cost).
I know the race is very deep an bassy.

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
I know the race is very deep an bassy.
Jason thanks for the input clarifying the Y pipe is for the ecoboost. also I am interested in the street version.... this is my daily driver and don't get me wrong I love loud badass exhausts but I want to be able to tolerate daily driving :thumbsup:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I am interested in the street version.... this is my daily driver and don't get me wrong I love loud badass exhausts but I want to be able to tolerate daily driving :thumbsup:
I think you'll be good to go. The street is a nice blend of deep tone and volume. :thumbsup:

Like all exhausts, you can control the characteristics with throttle modulation and finesse.

Let us know how you like it after you install it.

Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
I have the street with black tips. My wife wanted a deep sounding system, and this fits the bill. Trust me if it didn't have a deep growl she would have made me change it, it puts a smile on her face when I hit the gas. It gets what I call frappy above 4k, but it's not too bad and zero drone. Also it is super easy to install, taking my time and it being my first time it took about 1.5 hrs. The 4.5 inch tips look great. My car has the blackout package and these look great.

Here is a startup video right after I finished install.

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
I had the MBRP Street system on my 16 GT PP. This system had a great tone, deep growl with just a touch of rasp at WOT. This is a great DD system and I got some compliments on it. Very little drone at a few RPM levels but honestly with music on I didnt even notice.

I ended up switching over to Corsa Extreme after about 9 months though. I wanted a little meaner, aggressive sound.

702TrafficCone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I got mine from Beefcake too and love. Terry got me a killer deal and it got to me two days after I ordered!

Sound wise, I love it. I got the stainless steel version and it seems to sound much better compared to aluminized versions. Has a nice deep tone, like others have mentioned, and I haven't had any drone at all. It just rumbles nicely when cruising doing 75mph or 80mph. I've got an auto with 3.15gears.

It definitely screams once you put your foot down though! I highly recommend it. And it looks killer from the back!
IMG_7142.jpg

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I have this exhaust. Its been on my car for 40k + miles. I went with the cheaper version. It has held up better on my car than my stock cat back that I removed sitting in my open wall garage. Not to say there isn't small spots of rust. As for the sound I find it quiet loud in the car. Hearing someone else drive the car I didn't find it that loud. Its deep and sounds great at the lower RPMs. The Higher RPMs have, as previously mentioned, a frappy sound. Its like a choppy loud exhaust noise rather than a smooth loud noise. I had not noticed it in any video before I bought this exhaust, but after installing it on my car, I hear it in all other "loud" exhaust videos. The quieter the exhaust the less I notice it. I think its just the way these coyote engines sound. At cruising speeds the exhaust note is there but no where near over bearing and can easily be ignored. The aggressive tires give me louder road noise.