Sponsored

MBRP Street Cat-Back Exhaust w/ H-Pipe: thoughts?/experiences?

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
What's up guys. I am looking for a little more info and your personal opinions on this particular system.... (MBRP Street Cat-Back Exhaust w/ H-Pipe - Black Tips).

I have done lots of research on the exhausts for the car.... currently running a 15 GT premium w/ PP, stock everything (Except looks) but have finally wanted to give the car the growl it deserves. I have found this system and liked the tone based on youtube videos.... my question is would it be worth it to get this system over some of the other systems out there? As info... this retails on AM for $640.00.... a hell of a sight cheaper than some of the other systems. I am looking to amp up the sound of the car without waking the dead or melting face of my neighbors :headbonk: is anyone currently running this system? your thoughts/ suggestions? also they have an H pipe kit and a Y pipe kit and just wondering how each of these will effect the sound/power/etc. Thanks!
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
What's up guys. I am looking for a little more info and your personal opinions on this particular system.... (MBRP Street Cat-Back Exhaust w/ H-Pipe - Black Tips).

I have done lots of research on the exhausts for the car.... currently running a 15 GT premium w/ PP, stock everything (Except looks) but have finally wanted to give the car the growl it deserves. I have found this system and liked the tone based on youtube videos.... my question is would it be worth it to get this system over some of the other systems out there? As info... this retails on AM for $640.00.... a hell of a sight cheaper than some of the other systems. I am looking to amp up the sound of the car without waking the dead or melting face of my neighbors :headbonk: is anyone currently running this system? your thoughts/ suggestions? also they have an H pipe kit and a Y pipe kit and just wondering how each of these will effect the sound/power/etc. Thanks!
I'm currently running this system on my car. For the price it definitely gives the car a proper growl. Cold start in the morning is loud but not "wake the dead" loud. You will have some drone at cruising but not overbearing. This spring I will be adding LTH's. Once those are in I may switch to a quieter exhaust. I'm not sure how much louder my setup will be with headers. You Tube videos help some though.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
This was one of the first mods I did on the car. The price was right, the build quality is great and the sound has more of a muscle car tone than a lot of the other brands.

As a muscle car owner I wanted to move away from the metallicy rasp that is so common in a lot of modern cars. Just my preference. The volume of sound is good too,
until you go down a straight at the track. Even though it is the "quieter" version than the race spec it sounds like a bat out of hell under full load at high RPM's.

I also get a lot of compliments from people that see me on the street. I get a lot of "sounds great without being obnoxious"...

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
This was the first system I purchased as well. I loved it. Once I went to off road headers, the tone changed and of course the volume went up. Then it was too loud and raspy for me.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
This was the first system I purchased as well. I loved it. Once I went to off road headers, the tone changed and of course the volume went up. Then it was too loud and raspy for me.
That's what I'm afraid of. If its too loud for me then I will switch systems.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
thanks guys. this really helps. am I sacrificing quality by getting this system? why is it so much cheaper than other systems.... not complaining about the price but don't want to bolt a piece of crap to my nice car either...

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
for the money, it's really a hard system to beat, one of our best sellers for 2 years.

hit us up for our coupon code for mbrp

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
for the money, it's really a hard system to beat, one of our best sellers for 2 years.

hit us up for our coupon code for mbrp
Whats up Beefcake... I have never ordered from you guys but have seen you on the site. what kinda coupon codes you offer? :cheers:

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Whats up Beefcake... I have never ordered from you guys but have seen you on the site. what kinda coupon codes you offer? :cheers:
Too many. I spend all my money with him!!!

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Beefcake already got some of my money over the holidays. They'll be getting more when I go FI.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
MBRP is pretty raspy over about half throttle and/or over 4K RPM. I like mine, gripe about the rasp at times, at other times it's fine. There's no way on Earth an exhaust should cost any more than this.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
MBRP is pretty raspy over about half throttle and/or over 4K RPM. I like mine, gripe about the rasp at times, at other times it's fine. There's no way on Earth an exhaust should cost any more than this.
I agree with your comment, these systems cost way too damn much nowadays. I did buy the MBRP street kit with black tips as well and HATE the rasp from 4K up. When I had my 2014 GT with LT's and GT500 mufflers, THAT gave me the old 5.0 days sound and was absolutely no rasp at all, therefore I will be buying a set of 2011 GT500 mufflers and fab them to the MBRP pipes soon. The MBRP system I got cost me $588 shipped.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I absolutely adore my MBRP exhaust. It sounds different than most other exhausts and I like that. Cold start is a little loud but it calms down after about 20 seconds. The crackle and pops I get as I lift off the throttle still makes me giggle like a little kid. I installed it myself and it was super easy. Team Beefcake is the way to go as you'll get one hell of a deal with fast shipping and great service. Go for it!!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I heard the street is all rasp no bass.
Sponsored