Sponsored

2018 5.0L = Dual Injectors: Direct + Port = Confirmed

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
So the only"confirmation" of this is some random dude on youtube posting a video of some random placard with engine information?

What if I post a video of me standing next to a Ford truck with some poster that says 8.2L V12 engine? Are ya'll gonna just jump on the bangwagon that ford will be dropping a V12 in their next truck?

Think I'll wait for an official Ford announcement or article before considering a piece of information as "confirmed".
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Next question - does it have a fuel tank design that doesn't starve the engine on long sweeping high speed lefts? :)

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
This is good for people who want a new car, with a little more kick in power & with a warranty. The 10 speed is one leap, the Port with DI is another. I'm glad I went ahead & got a 15 even with the rumor mills of better around the corner because I mod the crap out of my cars & I'll be able to enjoy 700+hp for awhile while everyone is trying to figure out how to tune the new transmission & engine. It was the same way when Chevy released the new LT1 with DI, I had my C7 forever before anyone cracked some good numbers with it. But I guess you have take the good with the bad & my situation will probably only apply to a small percentage of people. Because there's not to many people that will to take a brand new car & kill the warranty just to put a smile on there face.
I did with like 12k I had full bolt ons. By 28k I was procharged. I'm glad nothing broke lol.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I did with like 12k I had full bolt ons. By 28k I was procharged. I'm glad nothing broke lol.
I feel your pain, once it's in your blood there's nothing you can do about it. I even took the battery out of my son's little jeep for another one so it would pick a few mph :lol:

Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Nice. My little girl has a frozen Jeep and a mustang. I wonder if I can join the batteries to make it faster lol.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
In my opinion DI sucks. There are many routes to issues down the road that are not necessarily required in a modern engine.

Let alone the future tuning capability.. they always have high compression and strange combustion chamber/piston crown shapes leading to high risk of det.

If my only option on buying a Mustang is one with DI, I wont bother..

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
DI with Port Injection is the bees knees. I wonder if it will just require a head swap to do a conversion or a whole engine. I'm sure there's a bit more to it but it's something that'd I'd definitely be interested in doing

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I wonder if this will bump the mustang price up to the camaro which is ridiculous

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I absolutely still love my 2010 GT. I will miss it next year when I upgrade to the 2018 GT!!
You got a rare one too with the track pack! The S550 will help ease the pain, but there will still be pain :-)

I had been hoping there was a solution for the DI dirtying problem. I am interested to see how the updated 5.0L plays out, both in reliability and performance.

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I'm glad Ford did it right by doing DI and PI. All the benefits of DI without any of the buildup issues. Plus imagine the tuning possibilities of this new fueling setup.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
At least you didn't buy a 2010 GT in 2009. :lol:

The next best thing is always better and brighter. You will always feel like you should have waited a bit more. Just think the next time you upgrade it should be even better than the MY 18, hopefully.
hey... I resemble that remark!! but I loved that car
031.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
In my opinion DI sucks. There are many routes to issues down the road that are not necessarily required in a modern engine.

Let alone the future tuning capability.. they always have high compression and strange combustion chamber/piston crown shapes leading to high risk of det.

If my only option on buying a Mustang is one with DI, I wont bother..
It's like you hate why every reason DI is awesome. The only "negative" I can think of is the fueling capacity issues but with this having a PI system to supplement we'll have the valves washed and a factory setup to inject more fuel where the DI can't keep up :hail:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
It's like you hate why every reason DI is awesome. The only "negative" I can think of is the fueling capacity issues but with this having a PI system to supplement we'll have the valves washed and a factory setup to inject more fuel where the DI can't keep up :hail:
There is a longer list of reasons to hate it than what he listed. Also there is a reason why c7 z06 guys that want to go faster than 9s are swapping back to LS engines, because DI is limited. The 6th gen camaro guys will be doing the same most likely if they want to break out of 9s.
Sponsored