Sponsored

All-season tires

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Because a lot of people actually drive their cars year round
I respectfully disagree. With AS you get shit performance in summer because you are running on tires that are not optimized for perfromance driving and you get shit performance in winter too because your tires are not optimized for winter use either.

Especially if you use your car all year round it makes sense to have an extra set of wheels with winter tires. Unless you live somewhere where it never snows of course, then winter tires make only limited sense.
Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I respectfully disagree. With AS you get shit performance in summer because you are running on tires that are not optimized for perfromance driving and you get shit performance in winter too because your tires are not optimized for winter use either.

Especially if you use your car all year round it makes sense to have an extra set of wheels with winter tires. Unless you live somewhere where it never snows of course, then winter tires make only limited sense.
Shit performance in the summer because I can't pull 1.10 lateral g's in the city? Lol. Shit performance in winter because I can't accelerate as fast as the mustang next to me with UHP winters in the snow? This one set of very good AS comfortably gets me through the entire year. It works perfect for many of us because we don't live on a perfect racetrack

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Because a lot of people actually drive their cars year round
true I do as well but I put sommer tires and winter tires, all season tires might be good for places where for example the winter never goes below 0°C. I saw a drastic difference when switching to the winter tires from the P zeros (ok they are not AS tires) which were underperforming below 8°C (I mean underperforming in the sense that they for example lost grip in my garage entrance even by dry weather). Now it is 0°C and often < 0°C and no problems with the winter tires. I would like to see how AS tires would perform.

Shit performance in the summer because I can't pull 1.10 lateral g's in the city? Lol. Shit performance in winter because I can't accelerate as fast as the mustang next to me with UHP winters in the snow? This one set of very good AS comfortably gets me through the entire year. It works perfect for many of us because we don't live on a perfect racetrack
Ok this is interesting you had good experiences with AS tires in winter, seeing your in NYC I am guessing you are having your fair share of snow. What is the make of your tires and model?

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase

Take it easy. You have to remember all different kinds of people own Mustangs and they're not all trying to get max performance in all seasons. Yes, some are not even into max performance in any season. That's fine right. We all enjoy the Mustang experience differently.

Sponsored

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
Thanks for you answer, im afraid that although your tire suggestion is very good, my car has the 20' wheels with 265/35r20 tires :(
I cant find any tire at all that seems to fit!
Best of luck to you though, the tire looks good :)
i got these All Seasons from Tire Rack. Cost here was $150 each. Not sure you can get them in Europe.
one size down from the 265, but fit and are great. got rid of the summer tires that came with the car. Handle well and are pretty quiet.

255/35ZR20
BFGOODRICH GFORCE
COMP2
A/S XL

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I don't think Continental carries their ExtremeContact line here in Europe, at least I've never seen them. We have the Sport, Premium, Eco and WinterContact lines.

BF Goodrich is actually carried in Europe but it has a very small market share and is fairly unknown.

One of the more common AS tires over here is the Michelin CrossClimate, but that doesn't come in sizes over 18".

Take it easy. You have to remember all different kinds of people own Mustangs and they're not all trying to get max performance in all seasons. Yes, some are not even into max performance in any season. That's fine right. We all enjoy the Mustang experience differently.
Agree, and I never meant to offend anyone. It's just that tires are such a huge part of the driving behaviour of a car that I recommend using only the best, even if you drive it in a regular fashion (like myself). Apart from improved safety limits good tires just add so much to the fun of driving your car. It's truly worth it.
Sponsored