Sponsored

All-season tires

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
There is zero problem taking your summer tyres out on a beatiful winters day, if there is no frost etc.
You are correct. On a nice winter day with no snow or ice on the ground you will have no legal problem driving on summer tires.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You are correct. On a nice winter day with no snow or ice on the ground you will have no legal problem driving on summer tires.
Instead here they are more stupid: if you are in a town with the 'winter tires law', you need to have winter tires in winter, even with a beautiful sun and 30°C :ninja:

This is the law.. hopefully most of the cops are not so strict about that.

OP
OP

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I wish i could just get the dws06 or some other nice a/s tire. Sometimes living in Germany sucks:lol:

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Instead here they are more stupid: if you are in a town with the 'winter tires law', you need to have winter tires in winter, even with a beautiful sun and 30°C :ninja:

This is the law.. hopefully most of the cops are not so strict about that.
Wow, that is more restrictive than Germany. I'm suprised. :confused:

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Not in Europe (from Europe though!) but figured I would chime in as I also have the 20" factory wheels on my GT here in the states. I see that the OP is saying that he can not get the Continental DWS06 in Germany. Is it that you can't get them at all or just the standard size 265/35/20?

I mention this because when I recently wore out my factory Pirelli PZero summer tires, I put on Continental DWS06's. However, I actually went a little bit wider. I got them in 275/35/20 size and they fit perfectly. No problems (FYI - my car is NOT lowered at all, although I do not think this should be an issue). Not sure if perhaps you can get that size?

In any case, the DWS06 are a good tire. I can't really complain. There's definitely a loss in responsiveness from the summer tires but that's to be expected.

On my previous car, a Subaru WRX, I also had good experience with the Nitto Motivo which is their UHP A/S tire.

Good luck in your search!

OP
OP

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Thanks for you replies. The issue is that out of reasons unbeknown to me, Continental doesnt sell ANY all season tires in germany:frusty:
Most all season tires here have a max size of about 245 to 255. If i researched correctly, the next possible size is 285/45 and those are specifically made for SUVs...:doh:
At this point, it seems an impossible task to accomplish

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Eh? Why wouldn't you want to have winter tires in winter... heck I prefer my Continentals over the Pirellis for most of the summer too :D

Obligatory to have winter tires from November through Easter. If you want studs you pay extra... of course, you can use studless Winter tires during summer - but it's "not recommended" (though still better than Pirellis :D mahahaha boy they suck...)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Have you looked at Michelin Cross Climate?

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Eh? Why wouldn't you want to have winter tires in winter... heck I prefer my Continentals over the Pirellis for most of the summer too :D

Obligatory to have winter tires from November through Easter. If you want studs you pay extra... of course, you can use studless Winter tires during summer - but it's "not recommended" (though still better than Pirellis :D mahahaha boy they suck...)
You must be talking about the A/S Pirelli Nero's that come standard on GT's and, I assume, EB's. Very different from the Pzero summer tires that come on the GT PP and the Stangs with the 20" wheels (at least in the states). Although the PZero's may not be the best UHP summer tire out there, there's no way any A/S tire is better. Just not possible.

For the record, with my 20" square setup, I was able to get about 25,000 miles out of the PZero summer tires (rotated every 5k). I enjoy my new DWS06's but there's definitely a noticeable loss in traction, handling and responsiveness, as there will be with an A/S tire, as it's essentially a compromise.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Why anyone would buy a performance car and then put AS tires on it is beyond me :frusty:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
You must be talking about the A/S Pirelli Nero's that come standard on GT's and, I assume, EB's. Very different from the Pzero summer tires that come on the GT PP and the Stangs with the 20" wheels (at least in the states). Although the PZero's may not be the best UHP summer tire out there, there's no way any A/S tire is better. Just not possible.
Lol. No, you stumbled into Europe my friend. We get the performance parts as standard here - and my Continental Winter Tyres (not A/S) does indeed feel better than the P zeroes... keep in mind though that temps here aren't often above the minimum 14'C (!) and it seems we got some "cheap" export version of the P zeroes... (at least according to a rumour I read here somewhere).

Why Ford would do such a thing on a "flagship" car (as it is in Europe) is beyond me... then again, they bongled the underseal, delayed the Sync3, shipped Norwegian cars with US software which don't understand the supplied EU maps etc. etc. etc.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Why anyone would buy a performance car and then put AS tires on it is beyond me :frusty:
I guess Ford doesn't see it your way. It is my understanding that (order sheet) certain 2017 EB Mustangs ordered and purchased in the states, come with all-season tires standard. :shrug: