Sponsored

All-season tires

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Hello fellow europeans,

as far as i have read, most people on this forum favor the contis extreme dws06. It seems i cant purchase them in Germany, any other suggestions? Basically i drive my Mustang only during the warm season, but i would love to drive it in the winter as well, provided it is a dry sort of cold weather. I really dont want a "get a good set of winter tires" type of discussion, just a friendly suggestion from those who use all-seasons.

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I don't want winter tires cause they are loud and I don't want to be bothered switching back and forth every spring/fall between winter and Pirelli summers. I'm fortunate that I don't need to drive in winter so my Mustang is garaged. I do want to eventually get all-season tires, perhaps next year. My Ford dealer says all-season tires we all but impossible to get when I got my Mustang this past November. I found on my own these all-season tires. I will go to the tire dealer next fall and find out if these tires are compatable for my Mustang. I believe they are but I will double check before I buy. Check it out and if you get the tires let us know. ;)
http://www.reifen.com/de/TyreSize/L...ConstructionType=R&TyreWidthChangedByNutzart=

OP
OP

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Thanks for you answer, im afraid that although your tire suggestion is very good, my car has the 20' wheels with 265/35r20 tires :(
I cant find any tire at all that seems to fit!
Best of luck to you though, the tire looks good :)

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Yes 20' wheels with 265/35r20 tires are going to be a bitch to find. Good luck. :)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Michelin A/S tires are great.
While loud, the Pirelli Nero A/S tires perform well.

Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've been happy with the Yokohama Advan Sport A/S.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Winter tyres are loud? hah... I'm confident my winter tyres are more silent than the stock Pirellis... they grip better too, even when there's no snow or ice. Boy those Pirellis suck...

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I have been looking at all-season tyres as well, I suspect that the problem is two-fold: Firstly, our tyre sizes are not wat you call main stream, so offerings are limited. Secondly, I suspect tyre dealers rather sell you two sets of tyres and an twice annual service to change and/or store your tires, rather than sell you one set and don't see you for a few years.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
When I lived in Germany, I was told by the company that leased my car to me that I have to have actual WINTER tires during certain months and, if I didn't and the police caught me, I would be ticketed. Is that not true anymore?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
When I lived in Germany, I was told by the company that leased my car to me that I have to have actual WINTER tires during certain months and, if I didn't and the police caught me, I would be ticketed. Is that not true anymore?
Germany is a bit compliated.

Official winter tyres need to be Mountain and snowflake symbol stamped (can be 4 season or pure winter).

If the conditions warrant it (i.e. ice, frost or snow) winter tyres are required. This is valid year round. You can be fined per tyre for non-compliance, and I believe if you are involved in a crash more fault is assigned to you if not running winters.

I also think there are penalties for blocking the road if on summers in winter conditions.... but not 100%.

There is zero problem taking your summer tyres out on a beatiful winters day, if there is no frost etc.

Also, drive to the top of the mountains in summer, and expect to be using winters (by the law).

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
It's snowing now and I am using dws06 as well. Worked last winter and is working again this winter
the issue here in Germany is, a few years ago, "big brother" made it more or less mandatory that you must have either winter tires or all-season tires on your car during the winter months. If you have an accident in snow or ice and even if you arn't at fault, you are legally at fault 40/60 as I understand it. :crazy: Obviously this sucks and you are hammered by your insurance provider and who knows what other consquences. Nanny state gone wild. :tsk: