Sponsored

GT350R Rear vs Project 6GR Pic Request

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Dude... why are we trying to shift the wheel inwards on a car designed that way for a reason? You have a lot of rear wheel travel (see wheel gap) to accommodate the articulation of the suspension cambering negative as the wheel is pushed up, slipping that wide ass wheel under the fender... because the handling benefits from it. Camber it at -2.1 (which, BTW, max on my GT without camber arms), hell maybe more on those cars if you're at the track and it's possible. Will handle like heaven and is fine on the street if you don't have a stupid alignment guy who sets god awful toe. Also, FWIW, Nitto tires always seem to look "tall". A Nitto Invo 315 I had looked HUUUUUUGELY TALL like a balloon compared to a Conti DW 315 on the same width and diameter rim. It's very weird. I wish I took a picture... alas I did not.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Are you referring to the factory r wheels? I see you have an r, looking forward to your input.
Yeah, the factory wheels do go beyond the fender lip just a little. The stock tires on a R are not as aggressive as the OP's rear tires.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I knew the R wheels and tires poked out a touch but why do 325's look THAT much more pronounced? I was going to guess he was running a 335 at least.

OP
OP

keeptrying56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Soooo. I happen to have an extra set of 305/30's sitting around. It looks much better with this setup. For other GT350 owners this is the R spec wheel with a set of Nitto NT01's 305/30 all the way around. I should be able to lower the car now with no major issues.

Lessons learned. Both the 6GR wheel and the factory R wheel poke a little on the rear. Nitto's have an aggressive side wall and a 325/30 will make it look like monster truck. I'm hoping Need4speed will make a +60 for the rear one day.
IMG_2532.JPG
IMG_2533.JPG
IMG_2535.JPG

MrBHutch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R | 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Dude... that thing looks awesome!

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Hey guys, I just installed a set of the Project 6GR type R spec wheels (19x11 f and 19x11.5 r). I've got a decent amount of wheel poke on the back but this may be due to the tire shoulder. I was planning on lowering the car with a set of Eibachs but I definitely can't pull this off with the current setup. I'm curious to see how the factory GT350R wheels sit.

I'm hoping someone can take a pic of a factory GT350R rear wheel from a similar angle.
Nobody offers lowering springs YET.
The ford performance springs will be available soon. I have been talking to them weekly and the part number is Now listed. Mike at FP said today that the springs can be ordered now from your ford performance dealer but are on a 4 week back order. I find this hard to believe but when I asked for more info such as spring rates, how much it lowers the car he said he doesn't know. This is what I hate about FP. HOW THE HELL DO THEY NOT KNOW?
Stupid.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Nobody offers lowering springs YET.
The ford performance springs will be available soon. I have been talking to them weekly and the part number is Now listed. Mike at FP said today that the springs can be ordered now from your ford performance dealer but are on a 4 week back order. I find this hard to believe but when I asked for more info such as spring rates, how much it lowers the car he said he doesn't know. This is what I hate about FP. HOW THE HELL DO THEY NOT KNOW?
Stupid.
I believe he is working with Eibach to produce some new springs. Apparently they are pretty close to getting it done. I am sure he will share with the community as soon as it is confirmed.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I believe he is working with Eibach to produce some new springs. Apparently they are pretty close to getting it done. I am sure he will share with the community as soon as it is confirmed.
I'm sure the ford performance springs are made by Eibach. I keep asking ford performance for specs and of course they never know anything. All I keep getting from them is a part number and 1 month back order.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I'm sure the ford performance springs are made by Eibach. I keep asking ford performance for specs and of course they never know anything. All I keep getting from them is a part number and 1 month back order.
I know what you mean. I have been looking to get the Ford performance center caps for a client for some time now and its been a bit difficult. They do have them now if anyone is interested. Well, they had them last week, not sure if they still have any left.
Sponsored