Sponsored

GT350R Rear vs Project 6GR Pic Request

keeptrying56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey guys, I just installed a set of the Project 6GR type R spec wheels (19x11 f and 19x11.5 r). I've got a decent amount of wheel poke on the back but this may be due to the tire shoulder. I was planning on lowering the car with a set of Eibachs but I definitely can't pull this off with the current setup. I'm curious to see how the factory GT350R wheels sit.

I'm hoping someone can take a pic of a factory GT350R rear wheel from a similar angle.
IMG_2515.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

keeptrying56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Here's a few quick phone pics of different angles Nitto NT01s. Tires: Front 305/30/19. Rear 325/30/19.

I can't tell for sure but the factory R tires look a little stretched where as mine definitely have a decent sidewall. I'm hoping someone can post some pics of their factory R car for reference.
IMG_2509.JPG
IMG_2510.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I've done a lot of math and measuring, I figured to get the wheel and tire to sit flush with the body on a 11.5 inch wheel you would need +68 offset and with 325's this will yield you about 5mm of clearance from the shock assembly. 315 would be the ideal tire size for peace of mind, or bring it out a bit more with +62. But IMO, anything below +62 is asking for poke city.

I know the stock R offset is +56 but after calculating that offset, it is just WAY too much poke (for me).
[MENTION=27115]keeptrying56[/MENTION], take a look at your clearance with your new setup, I would bet you have at least 10-15mm of space from your tire to the shock.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

keeptrying56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Killer, you're correct on the shock clearance. I have a little less than 1"/25mm. Project6Gr is stating the offset on the 11.5" wheel is 55mm which should be within spec of the factory R wheel. So I'm wondering if the stock R wheels poke a little too but the factory tires make it appear less visually.

Either way, other GT350 owners should know what to expect with the 6Gr wheels. I prefer to have my wheels tucked nice and proper. I'm going to add some camber but my tires are not cheap so I'm on the fence on next steps.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
From what I've seen, the stock R wheels also poke out a bit (compared to stock GT350 rear wheels), but the Cup2's are not as squared up as your Nittos, they have a more stretched appearance.

GT350R-goodwood-1.jpg

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Yep. If you could swap out the +55's for +68's it would shift the wheel in 13mm more, which I believe will put you right where you want to be.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Hey guys, I just installed a set of the Project 6GR type R spec wheels (19x11 f and 19x11.5 r). I've got a decent amount of wheel poke on the back but this may be due to the tire shoulder. I was planning on lowering the car with a set of Eibachs but I definitely can't pull this off with the current setup. I'm curious to see how the factory GT350R wheels sit.

I'm hoping someone can take a pic of a factory GT350R rear wheel from a similar angle.
The Project 6GR R-spec wheels sit exactly in the same position as the R model sits. The size and offsets are exact with the exception of the deeper concavity design. The "poke" look will really depend on the brand and model tire you use as each brand and model are different in actual size and appearance.

The original carbon fiber wheels on the GT350R does have a slight poke from factory as well, but as mentioned from other enthusiasts and owners as well, the original Michelin Cup 2 tires do sit differently compared any other brand of tires you use. Many owners have chosen to go even wider than the factory 315/30/19 tire size and use a 325/30/19 size which will be wider of course in spec and appearance.

For owners that would like to lower their GT350, we are happy to report that we have not had anyone that has reported any rubbing of any kind when lowered on springs. By lowering the vehicle you will achieve a slight negative camber which will help tuck the top of the wheel and tire in as well to satisfy your cosmetic demands. Which for some owners, they actually prefer a slight poke, our philosophy.. to each their own for the appearance, as long as the fitment is fully functional.

Hope that helps and if there are any other questions, we are here for you! :cheers:

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Here's a few quick phone pics of different angles Nitto NT01s. Tires: Front 305/30/19. Rear 325/30/19.

I can't tell for sure but the factory R tires look a little stretched where as mine definitely have a decent sidewall. I'm hoping someone can post some pics of their factory R car for reference.
Looks amazing by the way! the Nitto tires have always had one of the "squarest" tire side wall design, especially the NT01, however they are awesome tires and provide great grip around the corners.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Yep. If you could swap out the +55's for +68's it would shift the wheel in 13mm more, which I believe will put you right where you want to be.
The 68mm offset would result in a very conservative look, that's to consider if there would be enough room on the inside of the fender well to accommodate for much higher offset moving the wheel inside over half an inch. (13mm)

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
The 68mm offset would result in a very conservative look, that's to consider if there would be enough room on the inside of the fender well to accommodate for much higher offset moving the wheel inside over half an inch. (13mm)
There is about 20mm of clearance with the stock GT350 wheel setup in the rear. [MENTION=27115]keeptrying56[/MENTION] has confirmed there is a little less than 25mm of space with his current project 6GR +55 setup, so given this information I would say it would be safe to shift the wheel 13mm inwards. Although ultimately how much adjustment you want to make is solely up to the user; 13mm (+68) was just my calculated suggestion.
Sponsored