Sponsored

How do you justify what you spend on your Mustang?

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Never Justify a Purchase for Pleasure.

Why buy hookers?
Why go to strip clubs?
Why travel?
Why drink, smoke, womanize, knit, collect stamps?

These things are pleasure. You never have to justify pleasure because each person's variation of pleasure is different. I work hard, I pay my bills, I feed and clothe my wife and kids and they never want for anything. When I said I wanted a mustang my wife said what color?

Working on my Fish Tank and Cars keeps me home, away from the strip clubs and bars and gets my family involved. My wife bless her soul and hot little ass loves to get dressed up all tarty for Car Shows and my boys like fast cars and working on them with me. Sure all they do is bring me beer and repeatedly hand me the wrong tools but that's bonding where I'm from.
Sponsored

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Surprised it hasn't been said.

Because Racecar.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Not financial return. Bad wording on my part. I mean HP/Fun/Smiles.
In that case, the law of diminishing returns applies at least to the latter two. Which in turn may depend on how much incremental performance (and maybe what kind of performance) it takes to prop the fun and smiles back up, either to where they were when you first got it or right after doing the first round of mods.

As to the first, I've never tried to tie HP or any other measure of improvement against the cost of making it happen. I'm either happy with the end result of a mod (and the happiness/$ is positive) or I'm not (and h/$ = zero). So far, there's only been a couple of picky-detail-level zeroes. Convincing myself of being sure I was right before going ahead probably had something to do with it (there's a 1950's reference buried in that).

Norm

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It all depends on what you are going to do with the car. My 2015 I don't have much money in mods. I really like the car the way it is. Only things I have done with this car is Roush cold air intake. No tune yet, Corsa extreme cat back and I been buying parts for the suspension to try and get rid of the hop out of the IRS. I don't plan on going crazy with it.

But my 1991 GT is my Race car. I probably have close to $50-60,000 just in mods into this car. Might even be more I stopped keep track a few years ago.
But it runs 8's and makes close to 1000 rwhp.

Like I said it all depends on what you want to do with your car.
1471265_532706846821410_1984330948_n.jpg

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
It all depends on what you are going to do with the car. My 2015 I don't have much money in mods. I really like the car the way it is. Only things I have done with this car is Roush cold air intake. No tune yet, Corsa extreme cat back and I been buying parts for the suspension to try and get rid of the hop out of the IRS. I don't plan on going crazy with it.

But my 1991 GT is my Race car. I probably have close to $50-60,000 just in mods into this car. Might even be more I stopped keep track a few years ago.
But it runs 8's and makes close to 1000 rwhp.

Like I said it all depends on what you want to do with your car.
awesome!

Sponsored

milwaukeephil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I'm the Forrest Gump of businessmen. Somehow, against all odds, the business that I started 8 years ago has ballooned and I don't have to worry about money anymore. There is not a moment that goes by that I'm not thankful for this and I try to help others where I can. I give a *lot* of money to Fisher House (shameless plug for a GREAT charity). I help my friends out with their mortgage when they're between jobs. That kind of stuff comes first. But I also have to take care of myself and my own mental well being, and my Mustang puts a smile on my face!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
At this point of my life its ....

A bucket list item ! I have to have one before I kick the bucket, then you can bury me in it. Ride or Die. Or better yet ride all you can til you die - But in a Ford Mustang GT. American Muscle baby !! :ford:

T1up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT / Competition Orange
Never Justify a Purchase for Pleasure.

Why buy hookers?
Why go to strip clubs?
Why travel?
Why drink, smoke, womanize, knit, collect stamps?

These things are pleasure. You never have to justify pleasure because each person's variation of pleasure is different. I work hard, I pay my bills, I feed and clothe my wife and kids and they never want for anything. When I said I wanted a mustang my wife said what color?

Working on my Fish Tank and Cars keeps me home, away from the strip clubs and bars and gets my family involved. My wife bless her soul and hot little ass loves to get dressed up all tarty for Car Shows and my boys like fast cars and working on them with me. Sure all they do is bring me beer and repeatedly hand me the wrong tools but that's bonding where I'm from.
This ^

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I don't need to justify,I'm single :)

Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red

Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Procharged Auto Silver
I was a young kid and was moding my cars without much money , now I'm a old kid with more money and still doing the same thing . It is part of the American culture , fast cars & pretty girls & the LOVE of both !

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Justify? Never thought about it.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I'm a good guy and I deserve it ?

That's what I'm going with !!!

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
If you have to justify what you spent then YOU are in the wrong hobby or relationship,
Sponsored