Sponsored

Coast to coast and more - Roadtrip!!!!!

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Have been itching for a decent road trip with my pony for a while but due to uni/life it hadnt eventuated. As luck/weather/finances/study break would have it i made the snap to take off for at least a month and decided to travel around Australia anti-clock wise from Perth.

Today was D-day and an early start North out of Perth was pretty uneventful- other than the initial run of idiots getting out if the city. Decided to play it safe today as it was still double demerits week and no doubt there would be police out and about - suprisingly there were only several road traps upnto Carnarvon.

Was a very warm day today with temps into the mid 40s - temp on the mustang didnt budge at all during the whole day and the car ran perfectly. Having big 8 power on tap for overtaking can never be understated and i was really impressed with overtaking road trains - a few times i didnt even have to shift out of sixth gear.

Seat and ride comfort was excellent - nice to get out after a day of driving without feeling sore and sorry. Aircon and venilated seats are a treat in this warm weather and both worked perfectly.

Fuel economy is on the improve and i expect it to improve over the next few legs- distance to empty is nice and accurate with little variation. Price of fuel has been reasonable though im expecting it to go up more. No issues with finding 95 and 98 ulp and the beastie is quite happy running 95.

Arrived at Carnarvon early afteroon and had some time to take in the sights- tomorrow will be up to Broome, a longer leg though hopefully higher cruising speeds will cut down travel times.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Sub'd - going to enjoy this thread.

Do you not need to display a front number plate over there @jumby , or are you just running the gauntlet?

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Epic

OP
OP
jumby

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Sub'd - going to enjoy this thread.

Do you not need to display a front number plate over there @jumby , or are you just running the gauntlet?
Front plate was on a show n go till two weeks ago when it came unstuck on a carpark front concrete bumper - took bugger all for it to be torn off the car when i was reversing. Needless to say the new bracket holder hadnt turned up in time, have been stopped several times for breatho and nothing mentioned- more worriednaboug the driving/fog lights lol

I have the plate and some 3m tape if i cop any flack, though id rather not if i dont have too.

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
Interesting you that you mention about the DRL/fog lights, I've wondered about them too as the cops here in WA are big on pulling over and heavily fining people for driving with their fog lights on. Figured it'd be one of those things we'd have to explain to them all the time.

Good luck with the rest of your trip. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Front plate was on a show n go till two weeks ago when it came unstuck on a carpark front concrete bumper - took bugger all for it to be torn off the car when i was reversing. Needless to say the new bracket holder hadnt turned up in time, have been stopped several times for breatho and nothing mentioned- more worriednaboug the driving/fog lights lol

I have the plate and some 3m tape if i cop any flack, though id rather not if i dont have too.

[MENTION=19631]jumby[/MENTION] your a legend mate! I am having the stowe and show as well and I would also run the gauntlet until I could reattach! This will be my fav thread I think. :first:

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
Best of luck on your trip. Will be looking forward to reading more.

OP
OP
jumby

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Interesting you that you mention about the DRL/fog lights, I've wondered about them too as the cops here in WA are big on pulling over and heavily fining people for driving with their fog lights on. Figured it'd be one of those things we'd have to explain to them all the time.

Good luck with the rest of your trip. Looking forward to seeing more of it.
Thanks mate:clap2:

I found that showing them the indicator/foglight interaction made it easier

V XIII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
GT Guard MUSTANG
Dude going the wrong way got to turn around and head south for anti clock wise however drop in to coral bay on the way up just before Exmouth you will love it.

russ16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs 1965 2016
I did the road trip Darwin to Perth not quite 2 years ago. Carnarvon to Broome is over 1400 kilometres so a bloody long way. Doubt if you'll have time to stop at Coral Bay or Cape Range where some of Australias best beaches and snorkelling are.

Stay alert and watch out for roos at dawn and dusk and eagles who won't budge from their road kill meals.

This trip could be the most epic mustang cruise ever!

Sponsored

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
sounds like an epic adventure, make sure you post plenty of pics and updates so we can ride along

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Great to see Jumby! Will be following with lots of interest.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
This is going to be awesome! Take lots of snaps, and make a big thread at the end for our overseas counterparts to enjoy. I'm sure they'll love it as much as we will :thumbsup:

Drive safe mate!

Big Sky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Ruby Red 50th appearance pkg
Overseas is waiting for the next chapter. Have to pull out the maps.

Bradek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT
Mate nice work, subbed. Shame didn't know you were going, could've lent you a GoPro and car mount to capture the trip. Subbed and looking forward to next installment. Be safe.
Sponsored