Found a case of a failed recalled oil line

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Is Ford still building 350's or is there a hiatus at the moment?
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
They're still building them with revised oil cooler lines.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Yeah while the rest of us who have them have to wait. That's pure bullshit.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Yeah while the rest of us who have them have to wait. That's pure bullshit.
Gotta keep the share holders happy, can't stop production .

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I've heard that they're not producing any GT350's, R or otherwise from November '16 till March '17? What's the truth here?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Less than 2 liters of oil left in sump......?

That can not be good, they state no material metal/material found, but.....
Saw that too ... all the bearing metal was probably all trapped in the oil filter. :doh:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I've heard that they're not producing any GT350's, R or otherwise from November '16 till March '17? What's the truth here?
You are correct, there's a production hiatus until March '17 per multiple reports.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No shit!
This is your car?
I just spoke to ford performance last Wednesday about the GT350 springs and I asked them about the oil cooler hoses. I asked them what will ford do if the oil cooler lines rupture and destroyed the engine or cause an accident or worse death. Should we stop driving our cars until the hoses are replaced. His answer was he can't tell me to stop driving it and if the hoses rupture they will address the issue at that time. WHAT THE FUCK FORD!!
So basically we're driving a ticking time bomb because your supplier can't produce replacement hoses fast enough? Funny you didnt waste time sending out a notice!!
This is bullshit business here. In the mean time some are making monthly payments while you drag ass on getting replacement hoses out that's been 2 months now. And when the hoses do burst and the customers car sits in the dealer waiting on wtf you guys are gonna do and prolong the process while the customer keeps making payments on a car he/she can't drive.
FORD I HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS BECAUSE YOU SUCK!
You guys sell a car that you can not support.
I'm a life time ford owner and have never owned any other vehicle except fords. The workmanship, assembly, build quality, and service you provide is the worst ever. I'd expect this kind of treatment from yugo! Not ford motor company!!
I'm so disappointed
GM did the same thing with the C6Z06 and the LS7's. They wouldn't recall them, wouldn't fix it.....waited til the exhaust valve head broke and completely trashed the engine, then and only then would they replace the engine if it was still under warranty.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Some of you think Ford and our GT 350 is the only vehicle that ever had a problem!?
Again I just read an article about BMW and Mercedes selling cars with known defective airbags. Now that's a safety issue that could cause death, not an oil line coming off. You got a better chance of blowing a tire and losing control or hitting someone's miscellaneous car parked that has fallen off.
Again guys I do hope Ford gets this taken care of ASAP but we're not talking death.
Some of these post read like it will be the next holocaust on the freeway if it does blow.

Sponsored

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022

FP said they're not producing them due to weather...too cold

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
FP said they're not producing them due to weather...too cold
Too cold for tires, the SC2's are supposed to be 40 degrees +

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Some of you think Ford and our GT 350 is the only vehicle that ever had a problem!?
Again I just read an article about BMW and Mercedes selling cars with known defective airbags. Now that's a safety issue that could cause death, not an oil line coming off. You got a better chance of blowing a tire and losing control or hitting someone's miscellaneous car parked that has fallen off.
Again guys I do hope Ford gets this taken care of ASAP but we're not talking death.
Some of these post read like it will be the next holocaust on the freeway if it does blow.
We know other manufacturers have problems, but we are not talking about them. You keep trying to push a point that is a non point.

Holocaust no, but could it cause a death, of course it could.

This is one of things that should be taken care of in a much more timely matter, just like other issues with other manufacturers as well that have very dangerous safety issues.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
How low is the probability? Haven't personally seen Ford's math on this one, though it was obviously done. Chances were pretty low in the Pinto I rode around in as a kid too...unfortunately, not low enough for some...

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
All this has me thinking about trading mine in for a 17. Or just selling it privately. I've already begun the hunt! :)
Sponsored