Found a case of a failed recalled oil line

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
All I focused on was the Exxon oil spill. Alaska has mountains.
If you look at the picture you'll notice tire tracks from the oil! Thank God this driver didn't lose control!
I'm willing to bet this is the same cause as what happened to joe Charles car that caught on fire. They can say the snap ring failed but I'm not buying it, it was the hoses.
If the picture above was my car, ford can keep it.
Or cause somebody else to lose control, lucky it's winter and there are not a lot of motorcycles out.

If Ford lose somebody like you..........

I love the car and when works it is awesome. But, it seems like the parts choices, QC and outright build quality are very very questionable on a lot of cars.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
All I focused on was the Exxon oil spill. Alaska has mountains.
If you look at the picture you'll notice tire tracks from the oil! Thank God this driver didn't lose control!
I'm willing to bet this is the same cause as what happened to joe Charles car that caught on fire. They can say the snap ring failed but I'm not buying it, it was the hoses.
If the picture above was my car, ford can keep it.
This is exactly why I'm not driving my car or attempting a line fix.

Edit: I'm about tired of this. The more I think about it, the more upset I become. Yet Ford doesn't give a rat's ass! I'm with Voodooo; I may start looking in to a replacement. :(

Last edited:

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
This is exactly why I'm not driving my car or attempting a line fix.

Edit: I'm about tired of this. The more I think about it, the more upset I become. Yet Ford doesn't give a rat's ass! I'm with Voodooo; I may start looking in to a replacement. :(
Most all of us bought this car because of the 5.2 FPC, correct? Most want this engine only used in the 350, correct? Most of us want the 350 yearly production #'s to be kept to a minimum, correct? Most all of us want the 350 to end production for model year 18, correct?
But all of us want parts and issues available and corrected over night??!
This is the back end cost of limited number high preference vehicles.
Take a deep breath count to 10 and relax.
As far as a replacement vehicle, im sure the new Camaro will come out with its issues as well. And ya I've never heard of a corvette with issues,,, lol:lol:
You guys talking about accidents and death, you got a better chance of a guy causing an accident because they're on their phone, distracted driving than my oil line coming off.
As far as on track accidents, I'm no super race/track guy but know enough that you see break downs and mechanical failures all day long on the track for all kinds of reasons, that's what happens when you push something to its limits, eventually stuff breaks.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Oh yeah I forgot. Death can be bought.
Always brings me back to this...

"2. But, using mathematical formulations of a probable 2,100 accidents that might result in 180 burn deaths, 180 seriously burned victims, and 2,100 burned-out vehicles, the “unit cost” per accident, assuming an out-of-court settlement, came to a probable $200,000 per death, $67,000 per serious injury, and $700 per burned-out vehicle, leaving a grand total of $49.53 million.

3. Allowing the accidents to occur represented a net savings of nearly $70 million.

4. Therefore, a human life was mathematically proven to be worth less than an $11 part."

http://www.dummies.com/education/history/american-history/true-conspiracy-the-ford-pinto-memorandum/

https://www.motherjones.com/files/v2n8_sept1977-pinto.pdf

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Most all of us bought this car because of the 5.2 FPC, correct? Most want this engine only used in the 350, correct? Most of us want the 350 yearly production #'s to be kept to a minimum, correct? Most all of us want the 350 to end production for model year 18, correct?
As far as a replacement vehicle, im sure the new Camaro will come out with its issues as well. And ya I've never heard of a corvette with issues,,, lol:lol:
You guys talking about accidents and death, you got a better chance of a guy causing an accident because they're on their phone, distracted driving than my oil line coming off.
As far as on track accidents, I'm no super race/track guy but know enough that you see break downs and mechanical failures all day long on the track for all kinds of reasons, that's what happens when you push something to its limits, eventually stuff breaks.
It's sort of limited now. With the soon to be 18 MY being announced there will be over 12,000 GT350s produced I believe. We can debate what is limited and what isn't. I put in the sort of category.

Either way, it doesn't excuse Ford for putting faulty parts on the car (especially dangerous ones) and then taking forever to get the problem fixed. This car can lose or dump oil in a number of different ways. Far more easily than any other car I've ever seen anyway.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Don't tell me it takes months or weeks to make replacement hoses when they already use them on the newest models. If you look at Joe Charles fire ball car, ford said it was due to a failed snap ring in the oil cooler. Yeah my ass, it was a failed oil cooler hose! Others have also had failed oil psi and ford never said a word until October, next thing you know almost everyone got a letter in the mail stating a set of replacement hoses are in the works and will not be available until the first quarter of 2017! This is unacceptable!

Incase you haven't received your letter it says...
What is the issue?
On your vehicle, the engine oil cooler tube assembly may leak engine oil. Sudden loss of engine oil may result in engine failure and, in the presence of an ignition source , can lead to a fire.
That's is a direct quote from Ford Motor Company.

So now we are all taking a risk of driving our cars on the street or track that could...
1) lose oil psi and destroy the engine
2) catch on fire
3) cause an oil slick and lose control
4) cause ourselves and others to lose control and crash
5) cause death
6) all the above.

All because ford is dragging its ass to produce replacement hoses. But yet they say it's ok to continue driving your car!
My fucking favorite part of this letter is on the back which states....
Quote, Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Ford customer service division.

Yeah my shit talk of buying another make of vehicle is a bit extreme I'll agree because all makes and models have problems. I know this. I'm a mechanic and see it everyday. But don't tell me it's because this car is being pushed to its limits to cause a failed oil cooler hose. It's failing because it was assembled wrong and the quality control and manufacturing process sucks ass. This has nothing to do with the car being limited production or how many years it being made or what engine is in the car. It comes down to poor customer service. God forbid nobody's been hurt yet, but let's say the guy in the picture above did get hurt or caused others to get hurt, then what would ford do? Oh all of a sudden the hoses are available! Wow.
That picture above, is not a minor oil seepage, that's a hose blow out from a complete failed hose crimp. When you are driving at speeds the oil psi is increased. It does not take but seconds to pump 10 quarts of oil everywhere. In seconds a failed engine, hot oil on hot exhaust with a head wind = fire, oil on tires, etc.

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I know someone will give me shit about this, but I don't trust Ford to correct it, so I took care of it myself.
Oil Cooler.png
cooler 5.png

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I know someone will give me shit about this, but I don't trust Ford to correct it, so I took care of it myself.
Good idea. Looks like I'll be doing the same when I drop my K member out to swap opg's.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tony, where are you sourcing the AN bungs and what filler rod are you using?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Don't tell me it takes months or weeks to make replacement hoses when they already use them on the newest models. If you look at Joe Charles fire ball car, ford said it was due to a failed snap ring in the oil cooler. Yeah my ass, it was a failed oil cooler hose! Others have also had failed oil psi and ford never said a word until October, next thing you know almost everyone got a letter in the mail stating a set of replacement hoses are in the works and will not be available until the first quarter of 2017! This is unacceptable!

Incase you haven't received your letter it says...
What is the issue?
On your vehicle, the engine oil cooler tube assembly may leak engine oil. Sudden loss of engine oil may result in engine failure and, in the presence of an ignition source , can lead to a fire.
That's is a direct quote from Ford Motor Company.

So now we are all taking a risk of driving our cars on the street or track that could...
1) lose oil psi and destroy the engine
2) catch on fire
3) cause an oil slick and lose control
4) cause ourselves and others to lose control and crash
5) cause death
6) all the above.

All because ford is dragging its ass to produce replacement hoses. But yet they say it's ok to continue driving your car!
My fucking favorite part of this letter is on the back which states....
Quote, Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Ford customer service division.

Yeah my shit talk of buying another make of vehicle is a bit extreme I'll agree because all makes and models have problems. I know this. I'm a mechanic and see it everyday. But don't tell me it's because this car is being pushed to its limits to cause a failed oil cooler hose. It's failing because it was assembled wrong and the quality control and manufacturing process sucks ass. This has nothing to do with the car being limited production or how many years it being made or what engine is in the car. It comes down to poor customer service. God forbid nobody's been hurt yet, but let's say the guy in the picture above did get hurt or caused others to get hurt, then what would ford do? Oh all of a sudden the hoses are available! Wow.
That picture above, is not a minor oil seepage, that's a hose blow out from a complete failed hose crimp. When you are driving at speeds the oil psi is increased. It does not take but seconds to pump 10 quarts of oil everywhere. In seconds a failed engine, hot oil on hot exhaust with a head wind = fire, oil on tires, etc.
You must have absolutely perfect highways and freeways where you drive because the ones I drive have semi retreads, oil, antifreeze, miscellaneous car parts and even see where there has been a charred spot on the shoulder of the road of a car on fire. They can't all be 350's that are burning.
And I've never seen other cars at the track blow oil lines or dump all there antifreeze out. :shrug:
I just read Ferrari is selling cars with defective airbags.
If we're all so worried about causing the next holocaust on the freeway maybe we should start governing cars top speed and horsepower limits. We could all get our Prius and be happy!
If your line and engine give way, again we have warranties .
Edit; and for the record, I just bought my daughter in law a new Focus because her GM car still after how many years of ignition switch fails that cause the car to start on fire. Still no fix for those yet?

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You must have absolutely perfect highways and freeways where you drive because the ones I drive have semi retreads, oil, antifreeze, miscellaneous car parts and even see where there has been a charred spot on the shoulder of the road of a car on fire. They can't all be 350's that are burning.
And I've never seen other cars at the track blow oil lines or dump all there antifreeze out. :shrug:
I just read Ferrari is selling cars with defective airbags.
If we're all so worried about causing the next holocaust on the freeway maybe we should start governing cars top speed and horsepower limits. We could all get our Prius and be happy!
If your line and engine give way, again we have warranties .
Edit; and for the record, I just bought my daughter in law a new Focus because her GM car still after how many years of ignition switch fails that cause the car to start on fire. Still no fix for those yet?
I live in Michigan, we have the worst road of all 50 states. Look it up.
As far as the oil lines, you don't get what I'm saying. They basically sent out 8000 notices for the oil lines, yet they didn't stop building the new GT350s. They could ramp up the production for the replacement hoses before more fail! The picture above is NOT the first failed oil line. Your tune and outlook will change real fast if and when it happens to you. Imagine that was your car, and you lost control or destroyed the engine or car or hit someone because oil on the tires etc. get it?
You can sit around and wait for ford to keep dragging their ass, or be a leader and take it into your own hands like Tony!
I am a mechanic and tool and die maker, I like Tony's idea and approach.
I don't like waiting for things to happen, I like to address them BEFORE they happen. It's called being preventive.
I'm not talking about GM or Ferrari. I could careless about their recalls. But if I owned one of their vehicles I'd be pissed to if they drug their asses.
What gets me is this, some of you people bitched up a storm about panel gaps, fit and finish, paint flaws, interior noise, etc. but something that could destroy your car or life you see no issue with it.
Get a life.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This thread is getting a little angry.....anyway. After the mess that was left after my dealer oil change, I fear the oil line repair a lot more than the fear it will
fail. They have to remove the under tray and the splitter, then replace the oil lines, then put it all back together properly. The
chances of them doing all that correctly are slim to none.

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think the GT350 is a clear case of over reach by ford. I get some of the "fit and finish" issues and I realised that I didn't by a porsche and that the shelby is built next to V6 Mustangs. However, the oil cooler and the overheating transmission are issues that the engineers screwed up on. I still hope ford will right a wrong with this but judging by how long it is taking for them to come up with a transfer cooler or a sync 3 update I fear there is going to be a long time of "drive at your own risk" going on.
Sponsored