Sponsored

Full Tilt Boogie GT350 Brake Conversion Kit Install

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
OK, thanks. I'll do a bit more checking before I try it out.

My understanding is the vacuum is developed by the intake, or more often a pump. The vacuum (say, -5psi) is applied over the booster area (say, 20 square inches) to add force to the master cylinder piston (in my example, 100lbs). I want to make the 'boost' less. I don't mind pushing harder with my foot.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
OK, thanks. I'll do a bit more checking before I try it out.

My understanding is the vacuum is developed by the intake, or more often a pump. The vacuum (say, -5psi) is applied over the booster area (say, 20 square inches) to add force to the master cylinder piston (in my example, 100lbs). I want to make the 'boost' less. I don't mind pushing harder with my foot.
Gotcha. The booster are all the same size physically so I imagine the difference is the plunger/diaphragm solely. But, I'm just guessing.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Can you not install a GT350 front spindle on a GT? The reason I ask is if you price all of the components to do this swap from places like Tasca, White Bear or Levit Town the price is much less. It seems like you're paying big money just for the mounting brackets.
The front calipers are less than $200 ea and so are the rotors. I believe the spindles are less than $150 ea.

Not trying to rag on anyone, just curious. :shrug:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you not install a GT350 front spindle on a GT? The reason I ask is if you price all of the components to do this swap from places like Tasca, White Bear or Levit Town the price is much less. It seems like you're paying big money just for the mounting brackets.
The front calipers are less than $200 ea and so are the rotors. I believe the spindles are less than $150 ea.

Not trying to rag on anyone, just curious. :shrug:
No, GT350 and GT spindles are not interchangeable. I looked into putting together the kit myself and only came within a few hundred dollars. Also, they provide a completely assembled eBrake assembly and when I tried to part them out there was not way to be sure I was seeing all the required pieces.

So, you will need the conversion brackets anyway and they will sell for $395 ish once available separately. There really isn't a lot of money to be made in this kit making it a really good deal. That and your getting step by step instructions and tech support so to me its a no brainer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
...Still awaiting a road test :) Maybe March or April when the roads clear LOL #FLA
I've got about 50 miles on them and they are spectacular! Cars ripped apart for winter installs, I'll update you in the spring :thumbsup:

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No, GT350 and GT spindles are not interchangeable.
Is that because of the struts? I'm guessing Ford didn't use different chassis attachment points. So if the arms are the same or close it must be the Magnaride struts attaching differently?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Is that because of the struts? I'm guessing Ford didn't use different chassis attachment points. So if the arms are the same or close it must be the Magnaride struts attaching differently?
The steering knuckles, wheel bearings, and struts are different. The front track width is 1.4" wider on the GT350.

RoyaalT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Clarification on what's not factory

These are exact GT350 parts and can only fit the same exact way as factory especially in the rear where all OEM parts are used. That said even the fronts are spot on with the custom bracket they supply.
When you say everything in the rear is factory, does that include the bracket you mentioned?

So the only thing in the entire kit that is not factory is the adapter for the front?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When you say everything in the rear is factory, does that include the bracket you mentioned?

So the only thing in the entire kit that is not factory is the adapter for the front?
Correct, the rear is 100 % the same as what's on a GT350 and the front uses an aluminum bracket to accept the GT350 caliper to the GT knuckle

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Not all the Pics in first post still no work.

Stangwipple.csc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pedro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2016
Hi Dave, I think it's just the angle of the dangle that's all. If you zoom into the picture showing the pads in the rear calipers you can see the pads are exactly where they are supposed to be, flush with the edge of the rotor.

These are exact GT350 parts and can only fit the same exact way as factory especially in the rear where all OEM parts are used. That said even the fronts are spot on with the custom bracket they supply.

I think what your seeing here is the difference between OEM pads and the G-Loc pads I'm using not a difference in how the caliper is mounted.
Sponsored