Sponsored

X-pipe too extreme for DD

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Update to my last post. Now that it's getting cold out my Roush w/ X pipe has been super loud. I love it, it sounds awesome, but people were complaining today so I may clamp my stock mufflers back on for the winter then switch back in the spring. The cold air really seems to wake them up even more and let the sound travel further. However I love the Roush/X pipe combo and get tons of compliments with it. I really don't want to switch them out because I know once you run such a loud and mean sounding combo nothing else will compare. If you don't have to worry about neighbors then the Roush/X pipe is the way to go IMO.
Sponsored

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
I feel like the Roush systems are not designed with the intent of anything but the factory resonator in front of them. I've seen way too many people complaining how loud it is the after adding a x/h pipe. That being said, Corsa sport catback FTW. :cheers:

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Update to my last post. Now that it's getting cold out my Roush w/ X pipe has been super loud. I love it, it sounds awesome, but people were complaining today so I may clamp my stock mufflers back on for the winter then switch back in the spring. The cold air really seems to wake them up even more and let the sound travel further. However I love the Roush/X pipe combo and get tons of compliments with it. I really don't want to switch them out because I know once you run such a loud and mean sounding combo nothing else will compare. If you don't have to worry about neighbors then the Roush/X pipe is the way to go IMO.
Keep the mufflers and put the resonator back in. Wayy better sound than stock mufflers and the X-pipe, and not obnoxious at all.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep the mufflers and put the resonator back in. Wayy better sound than stock mufflers and the X-pipe, and not obnoxious at all.
I actually ran that setup for a week or two before I bought my X pipe and it was nice. The X pipe sounds 100x better with the Roush, but if I have to I'll throw the resonator back on. The Roush also cuts a lot of weight compared to the heavy stock mufflers. I have a feeling I'll keep the setup I have now (Roush/X pipe). I bought this car to be LOUD and fast.

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
I actually ran that setup for a week or two before I bought my X pipe and it was nice. The X pipe sounds 100x better with the Roush, but if I have to I'll throw the resonator back on. The Roush also cuts a lot of weight compared to the heavy stock mufflers. I have a feeling I'll keep the setup I have now (Roush/X pipe). I bought this car to be LOUD and fast.
Which xpipe do you have?

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which xpipe do you have?
J&M. 304 stainless, perfect fit, and sounds amazing with the Roush. The best part is it only cost like $149 shipped. I drive around just about every day for no other reason than to hear the exhaust. :D The only thing that might be an issue is cold starts and neighbors (assuming you have any that would care), but other than that it's awesome, and I tend to drive it in sport mode 99% of the time just to make it louder.

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
J&M. 304 stainless, perfect fit, and sounds amazing with the Roush. The best part is it only cost like $149 shipped. I drive around just about every day for no other reason than to hear the exhaust. :D The only thing that might be an issue is cold starts and neighbors (assuming you have any that would care), but other than that it's awesome, and I tend to drive it in sport mode 99% of the time just to make it louder.
Awesome thanks. How does it sound inside the car? Not too loud? Would you be able to have a conversation with the passenger without yelling lol? Any drone?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thanks. How does it sound inside the car? Not too loud? Would you be able to have a conversation with the passenger without yelling lol? Any drone?
It definitely has some tone, but with normal driving and the windows up it's not bad at all, just keep the RPM's low. The idle is really tame IMO. I keep the windows down most of the time while driving, even in the winter so I can hear it better. If you get on the gas it will wake the dead...10 miles away. :D Worst case scenario, if it's too loud, you can easily clamp the stock resonator back on in a few minutes. For $149 or so it's worth a try, I really like mine. When I come home at night I can usually cruise in the driveway without anyway even noticing. I worry that the cold starts might eventually annoy the neighbors but so far I haven't had any problems. I always told myself that when I could buy a Mustang, this is how I would make it sound and I get compliments almost everyday on the exhaust.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I feel like the Roush systems are not designed with the intent of anything but the factory resonator in front of them. I've seen way too many people complaining how loud it is the after adding a x/h pipe. That being said, Corsa sport catback FTW. :cheers:
All those people complaining are whiney babies.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
The colder weather definitely wakes up the Roush + X-pipe system. It breathes so well already, the cold air must do something special to the harmonics. I backed up to the front door the previous night and remote started the following morning before work, and the painting on the door vibrates right off its hanger!

The only thing I don't like about this system is it sounds like a blasted asshole and rasps like a mother until it's warmed up. Once it's cookin it sounds beautiful.

Sponsored

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Add a Borla touring resonator. That will tame it down some and sound awesome.
I second this recommendation. I had a FRPP Sport catback with X-Pipe (which sounded wicked) and then I added MAK Cat Deletes. With the addition of the cat deletes it was just way, way too loud for a DD. It was almost embarrassing to drive on the street but I liked the deep, throaty sound it had. I deided to add a Borla resonator and that quieted it down a bit while keeping the deep tone. It could be a bit louder without bugging me but the exhaust note is perfect.

Tchaffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT, Black Accent Package
I run a Roush axle-back with an X pipe. It's loud, but I like it. I use my car as a DD. The main issue is cold starts, other than that I can keep it quiet when cruising back home. Just keep it in normal mode and the RPM's low as other's have said. When I get on the gas though it sounds like all hell is breaking loose. :D
I completely agree. I'm running both the Roush AB and X-pipe on a DD and it is loud as hell, but I absolutely love how it sounds. WOT sounds out of this world.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The colder weather definitely wakes up the Roush + X-pipe system. It breathes so well already, the cold air must do something special to the harmonics. I backed up to the front door the previous night and remote started the following morning before work, and the painting on the door vibrates right off its hanger!

The only thing I don't like about this system is it sounds like a blasted asshole and rasps like a mother until it's warmed up. Once it's cookin it sounds beautiful.
Yeah, once it warms up it sounds a lot better. I've noticed that also. Cold starts are rough with this setup, unless you live in the middle of nowhere, even then they can probably hear you 5 miles away. :D

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I completely agree. I'm running both the Roush AB and X-pipe on a DD and it is loud as hell, but I absolutely love how it sounds. WOT sounds out of this world.
WOT through a tunnel or under an overpass is my favorite. :D
Sponsored