And so begins the Air.....

Bradek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT
i'm sure there will be a lot of followers to this thread :)

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool :hail:

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
i'm sure there will be a lot of followers to this thread :)
Yes maybe. I'll try to have as many photos as I can and not so many words.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes maybe. I'll try to have as many photos as I can and not so many words.
Did you choose the Accuair because you can get it legally engineered in Australia? Some other reason?

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
No Burkey. It's just the best gear I could find. In the past I never would have considered air suspension but with electronic height sensing this gear has finally come of age. If it was air pressure based height sensing I simply would have forgotten about it. Friends of mine have used that stuff and it never gets it right!?

Accepitris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harvey
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Falcon XR6
Definitely will be following this!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No Burkey. It's just the best gear I could find. In the past I never would have considered air suspension but with electronic height sensing this gear has finally come of age. If it was air pressure based height sensing I simply would have forgotten about it. Friends of mine have used that stuff and it never gets it right!?
I was very seriously toying with the idea but I just found it too scary to spend that sort of coin and potentially ruin the handling of the car.
I really look forward to watching your progress and hearing your feedback on this.
The research I did quickly revealed that the Accuair system is the only one that can be made legal in Vic (not sure about other states) due to having some kind of input for a handbrake (car can't be aired out unless handbrake applied).
That's why I asked the question.
Totally agree that the only way to get consistent results is with a height based system, no two ways about it.
This is gonna be awesome to watch, thanks for sharing. :cheers:

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was very seriously toying with the idea but I just found it too scary to spend that sort of coin and potentially ruin the handling of the car.
I really look forward to watching your progress and hearing your feedback on this.
The research I did quickly revealed that the Accuair system is the only one that can be made legal in Vic (not sure about other states) due to having some kind of input for a handbrake (car can't be aired out unless handbrake applied).
That's why I asked the question.
Totally agree that the only way to get consistent results is with a height based system, no two ways about it.
This is gonna be awesome to watch, thanks for sharing. :cheers:
Except for the legality bit they're all the same concerns I had plus also durability.
I was already willing to spend over half the cost of this system on coil overs and I tend to run my cars very low anyway. So i figured why not wait on getting wheels and blow the extra which will allow me to have my lowered cake and eat it too. No more problems with speed humps and rotten steep driveways again! And I've found engineering is not required,(in WA at least) you just make sure it meets the criteria and they inspect at the pits and you get a permit. Auspost just notified of another delivery today:D

Sponsored
OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some bits..... Although, they stuffed up. The tank is too big in diameter to fit. Their excuse...."that's the smallest one we have"
IMG_7306.jpg
IMG_7305.jpg
IMG_7304.jpg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
air ride in Melbourne. Thanks Burkey. I'll see if I can get one locally. or maybe two.
But yes, that one would work @ 6.25" diameter. I have 170mm(6.7") approx to work with.

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried to buy it on their site.....won't ship here!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried to buy it on their site.....won't ship here!
Do you have a shopmate account with Auspost?
Not sure on the limitations for size, but they're an economical alternative for freight forwarding.
Just saying.:D
Sponsored