Sponsored

Steeda Industry First - Adjustable S550 Rear Camber Mounts (Sneak Peek)

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks. I'm on the GT350R fronts so it lowered only ~0.7", and my rough guess is I've got about 1.5-1.7 deg in the front. Not sure what they'll be able to do without plates or bolts, if anything.
The Steeda Linear Sports lower just under an inch according to the spring rates & drops sticky. Seems about right. A little surprised how much travel it took to get those alignment numbers. I centered the struts by eye and you can see my starting point.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Linear Sports lower just under an inch according to the spring rates & drops sticky. Seems about right. A little surprised how much travel it took to get those alignment numbers. I centered the struts by eye and you can see my starting point.
If I can get them to within 1 tenth of a degree of each other and under -1.6, I'll be happy with that. The increase in front-end grip from a proper amount of camber is really nice, and it doesn't drastically increase wear unless it's over -2. Toe is the killer for wear.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If I can get them to within 1 tenth of a degree of each other and under -1.6, I'll be happy with that. The increase in front-end grip from a proper amount of camber is really nice, and it doesn't drastically increase wear unless it's over -2. Toe is the killer for wear.
I have some more driving to do before I want to take off the "understeer training wheels". Nothing but respect for these forum members who can drive the crap out of this chassis

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have some more driving to do before I want to take off the "understeer training wheels". Nothing but respect for these forum members who can drive the crap out of this chassis
I will say that with the wheel rates I'm at, and the current geometry settings, it drives closer to an FR-S/BRZ than a Mustang GT PP. The harder you push the smaller and more nimble it feels. It's remarkable.

Anyway, back on topic. Glad you got it sorted out after a brief scare!

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That is pretty nice for small adjustments and locking everything in place. I like how it even has the nut side camber keyed so both would slide at the same time.
Now the question is will it have enough adjustments for say a car that's lowered more than 1 inch or it would be better to use the adjustable arms.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
That is pretty nice for small adjustments and locking everything in place. I like how it even has the nut side camber keyed so both would slide at the same time.
Now the question is will it have enough adjustments for say a car that's lowered more than 1 inch or it would be better to use the adjustable arms.
No problem for lowered S550's

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a video for reference:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]rbkdyUt0TXI[/MEDIA]"]

TJ

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hello All:

I wanted to provide you with a sneak peek as to what we have been working on behind the scenes here at Steeda - Steeda's S550 Rear Camber Adjustment Kit (patent pending)!

Product attributes include:

• Bolt-on Design
  • No Permanent Modifications
  • Allows for Simple, Easy Adjustment of Rear Camber Arms on ALL S550 Mustangs
  • Works with Stock Camber Arms, Steeda Adjustable Camber Arms & Aftermarket Non-Adjustable Camber Arms
  • High Quality Class 10.9 Bolts
  • Class-Exclusive Plated Steel Brackets and Bolts
  • Locking Hardware
  • Can be Installed without Removing the Rear Subframe
  • lifetime warranty!
  • Made In-House at Steeda - Right Here in the U.S.A.

Stay tuned for updates in this thread!

Best Regards,

TJ
IMG_4579.jpg
IMG_4580.jpg
IMG_4582.jpg
IMG_4583.jpg
IMG_4584.jpg
IMG_4585.jpg
Special thanks to Lund Racing for sharing.

This bracket also locks in the slide mount and re-enforces the inner IRS attachment point.

Well Jr remembered we had S550 rear camber arm brackets ! 555-4126 and these have lock plates !! So I am using these plates to lock that upper bolt in place and got the adjustable camber arms to fit ! It completely took ALL the fore and aft play out. I suspect when the car has wheelied in the past that the additional weight when the front is skyward was deflecting our other camber arm bushings. These plates also reinforce the OEM mount !!! I am excited !!!
lund.jpg
Sponsored