Sponsored

Ford Performance Upgrade Packs in EU

MadRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 received !
Hi,

I see that they are still not available here in EU, but we could probably buy them in the US and installing them locally.

My cuestions are related to the ECU programming since it clearly says it is only valid for US models, but is this really 100% true ?

Is the limitation because the fuel octane ?

Is the limitation because de VIN number ?

Is the limitation because the IP internet connection recognise that the customer is not in the US ?

Or is it because any other reasson ?

Keep in mind that for EU models it could mean a big increase in performance, since we alreday have lost 15 to 20 HP compared to US specs.

Any comments arej wellcome !

Best regards from Spain !
Sponsored

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
I'm not sure about what the Ford Performance tuner would do if you tried it, but f.e. the first time I connected the Accessport to the car the support for the 2016 EU models didn't exist yet from COBB. So they asked to copy my ECU data for them to build the fitting support. So when I connected it the first time (preloaded with maps for a 2016 US MT), it gave an error that the model was wrong (ADM instead of US). After which they just build the support.

Like I said, I'm not sure how it would work with the Ford Performance tune, but if it's alike and it recognizes it as a different model and Ford doesn't plan on building support for the EU versions, you might end up paying for just an intake cause you can't install the tune :shrug:

Personally, I'd go for a custom tune over any off the shelf ones (even from Ford themselves) in a heartbeat. If you're gonna tune, might as well do it the proper way IMO. That way you'll get more power and a safer tune build for your fuel, model and even specific your car. Also, I assume your local dealer isn't gonna give warranty on the Ford tune anyway since it's not supported for our models). Assuming it would work.