Sponsored

Mustangs booked on Tijuca departing 6th December, arriving early January 2017

CBF_Deeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shadow GT
Anyone heard of an expected delivery date of their car? I got told the 14th a few weeks ago but I highly doubt it....

Thinking the drug bust at the Melbourne ports this week may have slowed things down.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
My dealer has given me a tentative date of 20th (car unloaded in Melbourne on 7th - delivery in Wodonga). I'm not counting my chickens though.

CBF_Deeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shadow GT
My dealer has given me a tentative date of 20th (car unloaded in Melbourne on 7th - delivery in Wodonga). I'm not counting my chickens though.

I'm in Adelaide, have no idea where he pulled the 14th from :crazy:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My mate's car from the Tijuca arrived at his Sydney dealership today.

CBF_Deeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shadow GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Anyone heard of an expected delivery date of their car? I got told the 14th a few weeks ago but I highly doubt it....

Thinking the drug bust at the Melbourne ports this week may have slowed things down.

Thoughts?
That had crossed my mind. Maybe the 'oil spill' was a actually a 'smoke screen'?

My dealer isn't giving a delivery date, which seems wise.

He did confirm that CEVA is the logistics company handling the cars; check your cars VIN number here: https://cevacarcarrying.com.au/vehicle-tracking/

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
Anyone from the Tijuca received their car yet? Mine is stil at Webb dock soaking up the salt air.

Edit: just to be clear, I know it has soaked up plenty already between the wait at Baltimore and the journey on the ship

CBF_Deeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shadow GT
Anyone from the Tijuca received their car yet? Mine is stil at Webb dock soaking up the salt air.

Edit: just to be clear, I know it has soaked up plenty already between the wait at Baltimore and the journey on the ship
Nah I'm still waiting as well. My dealer said end of next week at the earliest but who knows. He said it got caughtup in customs but I checked the delivery site and it was supposed to be send on Thursday. Ahh well, once we get it all will be forgotten right....

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

I am not sure which is worse, the salt air or the blazing summer sun:mad:

At least the weather in Baltimore was cooler! I believe the ships are sealed with filtered(?) air conditioned air, which is why the cars don't arrive covered in thick wax like the used to in the old days.

I am following a car on the previous ship, also quarantined. It was moved to CEVA's Melboure holding yard late last week and is still sitting there. But is due to be delivered to the customer this week.

I guess on that basis (Melbourne) Tijuca cars should be delivered the following week, but I am hoping sooner!

Last edited:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure which is worse, the salt air or the blazing summer sun:mad:
Whichever it is, it's much preferable to the once in a century blizzard that my car and its Flat Rock mates were subjected to at the Baltimore docks around this time last year.

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

CBF_Deeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shadow GT
OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Whichever it is, it's much preferable to the once in a century blizzard that my car and its Flat Rock mates were subjected to at the Baltimore docks around this time last year.
:thumbsup:
That tale does make me feel a little less hard done-by. That must have been horrendous. Many ill effects to the cars?

Can we go pick up our own cars.... haha
I think bolt cutters would be the only way! :)

CBF_Deeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shadow GT

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
That tale does make me feel a little less hard done-by. That must have been horrendous. Many ill effects to the cars?
It was a nervous wait, but everyone here survived unscathed as far as I know.

There was a report of a UK bound Mustang being left with its windows down when the blizzard hit that was damaged so badly it was subsequently sent to the crusher.

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Anyone got any updates on Tijuca delivery dates?

IMMSMC Parsifal arrived in Melbourne six days before Tijuca, yet Parsifal cars moved seven days ago, albeit to CEVA, not to the dealer. There is no indication on the CEVA website of the car moving today...
Sponsored