Sponsored

The new GT500 will have some serious competition...

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
If Ford Performance doesn't come through very soon, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Slightly used Gt350, add procharger or twins, done... R for the track, monster 350 for the street/strip...:ford:
Exactly. The R is a little to track focused that loses a lot of it's Street ability. Not to mention everyone still trying to get 85k Plus for them. I do have a question, the 2017 GT 350 now come standard with the track pack correct?
Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Exactly. The R is a little to track focused that loses a lot of it's Street ability. Not to mention everyone still trying to get 85k Plus for them. I do have a question, the 2017 GT 350 now come standard with the track pack correct?
Yes, track pack is standard now.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Overpriced is right, but it does look good. 2018 GT will have mag ride option, throw on a FP supercharger for 670hp, done. The s550
GT500 would be a serious bad ass if it comes with TT 5.0 V8 and an auto. I'm sensing a supercharger tho. TT+Port direct injection, just so easy to add gobs of power with a tune. Who knows

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The s550 GT500 would be a serious bad ass if it comes with TT 5.0 V8 and an auto. I'm sensing a supercharger tho. TT+Port direct injection, just so easy to add gobs of power with a tune. Who knows
I'm almost willing to bet the new GT500 will have an automatic option. 10 speed automatic option.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm almost willing to bet the new GT500 will have an automatic option. 10 speed automatic option.
You don't say? Lol. Just kidding.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think it's a good chance, but question is, will my dream of this TTV8 come to fruition?! It would just be a absolute monster.
Throw in the Whipple and it's still a beast...but it could be much more.
Should copyright eco-monster. Haha... now I know it's a supercharger.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think it's a good chance, but question is, will my dream of this TTV8 come to fruition?! It would just be a absolute monster.
Throw in the Whipple and it's still a beast...but it could be much more.
Should copyright eco-monster. Haha... now I know it's a supercharger.

TTV8 would be my preference, too. Why? Simply because it'll stop all the whining (pun intended) we see in threads like the new SuperSnake one...."I can bolt on a supercharger and get this done for $20k less" :doh:

Actually, the main reason is because it'd be cool to see Ford take a different route. They went unique with the flat plane crank for GT350. Twin turbos would differentiate them from the Hellcat/ZL1

They did trademark EcoBeast, if you recall.......

However, a supercharged cross plane crank 5.2 V8 with 750 warrantied horses would certainly keep me happy :)

Just need to start seeing some prototypes prowling Dearborn :ford:

sknapp302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 C5 Z06
TTV8 would be my preference, too. Why? Simply because it'll stop all the whining (pun intended) we see in threads like the new SuperSnake one...."I can bolt on a supercharger and get this done for $20k less" :doh:

Actually, the main reason is because it'd be cool to see Ford take a different route. They went unique with the flat plane crank for GT350. Twin turbos would differentiate them from the Hellcat/ZL1

They did trademark EcoBeast, if you recall.......

However, a supercharged cross plane crank 5.2 V8 with 750 warrantied horses would certainly keep me happy :)

Just need to start seeing some prototypes prowling Dearborn :ford:
I'm guessing 755. If you cross your eyes and look through the image you can actually see the next GT500. lol

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I love that the miles are 1964.5 and the miles to empty are 289!��
Good luck ever getting that to happen. You'd have a better chance of winning powerball.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No doubt the displays were programmed for such numbers for a celebratory reason.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I'm guessing 755. If you cross your eyes and look through the image you can actually see the next GT500. lol

attachment.jpg
I wonder if the "time" is telling us something will happen in November.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Notice it has the cubic inches of the 289. Also I think it's revieled 1/12/18 and it's a twin turbo running 17 lbs of boost.
Did we call it or what?! Haha
Sponsored