Sponsored

Ro369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rohan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB - Magnetic
Congrats!! Vinno.. Am sure the wait was worth it.. You forget everything once you behind the wheel. Enjoy the ride.. :cheers:

OP
OP

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Picked mine up today as well. What a car!! Gonna take a long while to get rid of this grin :D

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I don't know what other dealers are like but I ended up with a few gifts out of it too. All Sinclair Ford Mustang garage stuff but a few dollars worth if you went and bought it off them. Polo Shirt, Vest, Framed print of the car, Bag with picnic blanket and a bunch of other things. Couldn't sleep much the last two nights knowing it was coming and won't sleep well tonight as I will want to go see it before I go to work. Might need to give it a quick early morning blat.

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 5.0L manual GT fastback.
So, update is I picked her up today and all is good in the world. Drove it to work in the rain so the car got filthy and I couldn't care less. Sure is good having a V8 manual again after front drivers or all wheel drives the last 6 years even if most of them were performance cars too.

It's a little louder than I expected considering the comments I have read but I assume it will lose some vocals once the mufflers start to bed in. I will be fitting a Hurst Elite cat back exhaust either next week or the week after.
Congrats Vinno - finally. When I picked mine up last week I couldn't believe just how quiet they were for a Coyote V8. Has to be changed IMMEDIATELY. Am installing a Mishimoto H-Pipe (resonator delete) with Mishimoto axle back. I agree with you about getting back behind a good V8. My last one was in 1993 and have I missed them. LOVE THE MUSTANG INDEED - better than I even expected. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Sponsored

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm yet to see a lightning blue up close but from all these pics it looks beautiful
They ARE. Far better in the flesh than any picture can take. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL if you like blue.

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what other dealers are like but I ended up with a few gifts out of it too. All Sinclair Ford Mustang garage stuff but a few dollars worth if you went and bought it off them. Polo Shirt, Vest, Framed print of the car, Bag with picnic blanket and a bunch of other things. Couldn't sleep much the last two nights knowing it was coming and won't sleep well tonight as I will want to go see it before I go to work. Might need to give it a quick early morning blat.
They are trying to sweeten you up after leaving you in limbo for so long lol. I wonder what I got????? oh that's right - a handshake and a comment "see you in 3 years when you order another one"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Congratulation Vinno and Zee.

Glad to read that the car is louder than you expected Vinno; it means it should be fine for me. I don't want any noise issues with the neighbors or 'authorities'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zee

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They ARE. Far better in the flesh than any picture can take. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL if you like blue.
Have got a Magnetic on order but thinking hard about changing for lightning blue :eyebulge:

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Congratulation Vinno and Zee.

Glad to read that the car is louder than you expected Vinno; it means it should be fine for me. I don't want any noise issues with the neighbors or 'authorities'.
I thought maybe the sound tube may be adding most when inside but having heard it start up outside the window of my office a few times yesterday when people wanted to check it out I found it not too bad. It does have a nice sound though, might go out and kick it over again soon. I don't know what it sounds like under acceleration from outside but it will certainly make a bit more noise when I put the cat back on.

Bought a foam wand from Car Care Products today and gave it a foam wash as it was covered in mud from driving to work in the rain yesterday. Had to pick the road they are doing a new housing estate off the side and trucks had been spilling dort all over it. Rain made it mud. Anyway the foam wand works brilliantly, I don't think I even needed to use the bucket and micro fibre mit but I did anyway. The remaining water was still clean when I finished.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
My dealership gave me a cleaning bucket/kit a hat and a key ring.

I have the roush axle back exhaust and I love it, no drone nice deep burble at idle sounds awesome when you put the boot in and crackles and pops frequently, the first time it crackled I couldn't help but let out a hearty chuckle.

Took it for work (sales rep) and the first customers I saw spent more time checking out the car than it took me to do a quote for them and the last customer of the day asked if she could take some photos for hubby.

Lots of head turns and thumbs up and positive comments today while on the road, also all the people I spoke to inevitable asked about the price and were amazed, they were figuring more like $80k.

ps Couldn't be happier with my colour choice I narrowed it down to about three colours initially but very happy I went with my gut or first choice, Magnetic is one sexy colour irl :love:

Last edited:

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT
Congrats all to those who have their Mustang's on this ship.

Not long to go now and the waiting will be all over.
Hi shawnd
Looking through this forum I'm seeing a lot of Ruby Red cars coming to Perth
Mine is on the Salome leaving Baltimore on 28/1/17 and due in freo on the 7/3/17
Enjoy it when it arrives
I know I will:headbang:
Cheers
Andrew

shawnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Mustang Vert in Ruby Red
Hi shawnd
Looking through this forum I'm seeing a lot of Ruby Red cars coming to Perth
Mine is on the Salome leaving Baltimore on 28/1/17 and due in freo on the 7/3/17
Enjoy it when it arrives
I know I will:headbang:
Cheers
Andrew
Hey Andrew,

Yes we don't have long to go before our Mustangs our parked in our driveway.

The wait will soon be over.

Shawn.
Sponsored