Sponsored

Our Ford Performance Stage 2 Power Pack Results Are In!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
From 6500rpm up you show it making the same, or less, torque but more horsepower. How is that possible?
Intersection points are different on the pulls. The one crosses at 5250 like it should the other at 5500 or so. The overlay isn't even or the scaling for hp and torque are different I'm not sure.
Sponsored

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Maybe I'm a little dense here, but why is the tuned car making less than half the power and torque from 2500 - 3500 RPM? It doesn't even get close to making the same power and torque until you hit 5000 RPM. I would anticipate this shift if you also installed the GT350 IM, but just the TB and CAI shouldn't change the HP/TQ curves THAT much!

JR
Lol

Blue lines = stock horsepower and torque
Red lines = PP2 horsepower and torque

When you look at the left of the graph, the upper set of lines is torque, and the lower set is horsepower. For any dyno, hp and tq intersect at 5252 from which horsepower will always be higher than tq.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question622.htm

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This thread...:lol:

Pretty nice gains for a simple, warranty retaining mod. I think for the price you can't go wrong. However, you need to decide what you want and stick with it because it will be a waste if you buy a PP1 then decide to go PP2/PP3. If I was everyone I would not even plan on purchasing anything until PP3 is released. Then you can really decide which package is the best bang for your bucks.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
This thread...:lol:

Pretty nice gains for a simple, warranty retaining mod. I think for the price you can't go wrong. However, you need to decide what you want and stick with it because it will be a waste if you buy a PP1 then decide to go PP2/PP3. If I was everyone I would not even plan on purchasing anything until PP3 is released. Then you can really decide which package is the best bang for your bucks.
The choice between PP2 and PP3 comes down to what you want to gain. PP3 will open up the high end with a less restrictive IM. PP2 retains the flow restriction of the stock IM while supplying denser air.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see a side by side with PP2 and an aftermarket tuner tune. Same components, just a difference in tune. Like to see how conservative Ford was.

Sponsored

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
The choice between PP2 and PP3 comes down to what you want to gain. PP3 will open up the high end with a less restrictive IM. PP2 retains the flow restriction of the stock IM while supplying denser air.
I'd say if you have 3.73s, you should strongly consider PP3. For 3.31 owners, PP2 makes more sense. No one wants to go 75 in second gear, lol. There will be losses under the curve, and you spend too much time in that range with 3.31s.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Thanks for posting these curves, that is pretty impressive! Was targeting PP2 before seeing these, and now it solidifies it. Now time to start saving for next year upgrade...

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I'd say if you have 3.73s, you should strongly consider PP3. For 3.31 owners, PP2 makes more sense. No one wants to go 75 in second gear, lol. There will be losses under the curve, and you spend too much time in that range with 3.31s.
For my application, very little time is spent at or above 5,000 RPM. Any top end gains are a waste. A 13% boost in torque on the bottom end, though, would get used almost constantly!

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was 100% set on pack 3, and will still wait for the release information/dyno.

HOWEVER, the fact that I wouldn't feel comfortable without getting OPGs when spinning the car that high, really takes the wind out of my sails with it.

The pack 2 is a very respectable increase for very little invested dollars.

Impressed.

Reactions: 113

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
You are aware that BOTH the blue lines (one for HP and one for torque) is the untuned and the red is the tuned :headbonk:
**edit**

GAH DERP!

JR

Sponsored

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Any idea how much a dealer will charge to install this? I am assuming that they will need to install in order to keep the warranty.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
The GT350 intake manifold.
Thanks, just saw it on Ford's site. But for over $2000, the gains don't seem very noticeable on the lower RPMs (city driving, below 4K RPM). And that's where Mustang suffers on low RPM TQ.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.