Sponsored

Corsa Extreme Cat-Back Feedback Needed

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I've watched just about every Corsa video and audio clip on the web and can't come to a decision on whether I should go with the Extreme or the Sport setup. Watching videos and listening to audio clips just doesn't give you the same experience as it does in person.

Before I get to my dilemma, let me provide some info related to Corsa's line of exhausts and how it applies to my setup.

Corsa Extreme Cat-Back consists of "Sport" Mufflers and Double Helix X-Pipe
Corsa Sport Cat-Back consists of "Touring" Mufflers and Double Helix X-Pipe

On my old car I ran the Touring mufflers with stock H and Cats and felt that the mufflers were just not quite loud enough. I think I could have either installed an X-Pipe or swapped over to the "Sport" muffler with the stock H for the volume I was looking for.

Currently I have an Off-Road X-Pipe (no cats) with the stock mufflers. The volume level is slightly louder than the last setup I had but it just doesn't sound very good IMO and could be a tad louder.

I am leaning towards the "Touring" mufflers with my off-road setup, which would be equivalent to the Corsa Sport Cat-Back kit. However, I've been offered a deal on the "Sport" mufflers which is really hard to pass up. With the high cost of the Corsa hardware I only want to do this once.

I know this is a long way around the barn to get to my feedback question and thanks for reading...

For those that have or heard in person, the Extreme Cat-Back or Sport Mufflers with Off-Road X-Pipe, how loud is the exhaust really? Like wake the dead loud? Rattle the neighbors window in the morning on a cold start? I'm all for a healthy aggressive loud exhaust but I don't want something that is obnoxious and can be heard a mile away. Like I said above, I've owned Corsa's before and know they are very mild at cruise and open up and scream at WOT.

Any other feedback or comments related to the Sport Cat-Back are welcome too. I would be open to another brand of muffler that's cheaper but I think Corsa is a top notch product and have the best looking tips on the market.

Here is a link to an image that might help with the mix and matching. I also attached a copy of the image.
Corsa Sound Level Explanation.jpg
Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Corsa now makes s550 V6 exhaust? Otherwise I wouldn't do GT aftermarket stuff because it's 3" piping and may cause issues with backpressure.

OP
OP
cmylxgo

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corsa now makes s550 V6 exhaust? Otherwise I wouldn't do GT aftermarket stuff because it's 3" piping and may cause issues with backpressure.
Doh...wrong forum :headbonk: And probably another reason why searching the forum didn't yield any results. That's what I get trying to screw off at work.

OP
OP
cmylxgo

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could I get a forum Mod to move this to the proper section please?

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Doh...wrong forum :headbonk: And probably another reason why searching the forum didn't yield any results. That's what I get trying to screw off at work.
:D

Sponsored

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
I have the Corsa Xtreme cutback. IMO it is not wake the dead loud like I've seen many people say it is. Cold starts are loud but not real crazy. While driving, people definitely notice the tone as I get 5 thumbs up weekly on average while driving. The exhaust has an exotic tone to it and it's manageable by how hard you press the gas.

OP
OP
cmylxgo

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks [MENTION=25023]Bankss550[/MENTION] for your feedback. And super cool you get so many :thumbsup: One thing I forgot to mention...I have an auto so when driving you are on the converter at lower RPM so I don't think you can be as gentle with the gas and keep it quite like you can with a stick car.

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
How crazy are you gonna go as far as modding? If you're doing headers then I'd say sport catback. That's the dilemma I have because headers and xtreme may be too much for a DD car for my taste. I'm not to familiar with the autos in this car so I'm clueless as far as shift points, etc

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Corsa double x pipe pretty much removes all drone. I would recommend the sport or touring setup to counter the off-road setup you have. I had a sport catback with stock headers and enjoyed the exhaust very much.

I have since gone longtube headers that are catless and went with a double x pipe and GT500 mufflers. Its by far the best sounding combination I have been able to create. Ive always hated how coyote motors sound in general because of their high reving prone to drone and rasp tendencies.

OP
OP
cmylxgo

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How crazy are you gonna go as far as modding? If you're doing headers then I'd say sport catback. That's the dilemma I have because headers and xtreme may be too much for a DD car for my taste. I'm not to familiar with the autos in this car so I'm clueless as far as shift points, etc
Car is boosted so exhaust will be louder. The car has run 10.80s at 134mph. Cats have been deleted. I'm leaning towards the touring mufflers but am considering the extremes (Sport Mufflers). I just don't want to regret having something so loud that cops can hear me pulling out of my garage across town.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if just take the good deal, if you don't like it. swap them out

OP
OP
cmylxgo

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if just take the good deal, if you don't like it. swap them out
You do have a good point. However, its a good deal, not a great deal ;) Cheaper than any other place selling them by $200. If I hate them I could just take em off and try and sell them and hope to get close to what I bought them for.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
You may want the sport catback or touring axleback. It's a good medium between what you've had and the corsa extremes.

OP
OP
cmylxgo

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may want the sport catback or touring axleback. It's a good medium between what you've had and the corsa extremes.
Thanks. I have been leaning towards that setup from the start. I really wish I could hear the Extreme with no-cats in person. My car currently has a single X-Pipe on it...do you know if there is a noticeable sound difference going to the Corsa Double X?

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I have catless headers with a corsa sport. At first it was obnoxiously loud, the noise in the cabin vibrated your skull type of loud.
I welded in FOUR additional resonators and now it's tame enough to daily drive at a reasonable volume and roars when you step on it.

Avoid the extremes if you don't have cats IMO.
Sponsored